How to add password to the installation

This forum is meant for people to share their knowledge by writing their own tutorials for Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

How to add password to the installation

Postby Taretia » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:02 am

How can I add password to the installation? :?:
Taretia
Taretia

Postby GM-Support » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:03 pm

The following tutorial will tell you how to add a password protection code to the installer of your game.

1. When you are ready to compile your project, click "Distribute (create exe)" and then click "Start Distribution".

2. Click OK until you get the following message: "Adventure Maker is now ready to create a setup file for your project. The process may take a few minutes."

3. For the moment, do NOT click OK. With Notepad, edit the file "PROJECTNAME.ISS" that is located inside the Adventure Maker folder (i.e. the folder in which you have installed Adventure Maker).

4. You will notice that at the beginning of the file there is a seciton called [Setup]. Just add the following line at the end of that section:

Code: Select all
Password=my_password

(where you must replace my_password with the password you want to prompt the user for at the beginning of the installation)

5. Now save and close the file. Go back to Adventure Maker and click OK to resume the creation of the setup file.

Best regards,

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Post Your Own Tutorials