Enemies in the game?

This forum is meant for people to share their knowledge by writing their own tutorials for Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Enemies in the game?

Postby iboy70 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello, I just wonder if it is or no possible to create enemies in the game that can appear randomly? if yes how can I do that? Thanks!
iboy70

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Your question can be answered in a lotta ways... Yes you can insert random enemies in your game, but you 'll need to learn scripting or find someone that allready knows.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Well what kind of game is it first of all? What kind of enemies are you looking for? Where do you want them to appear? How often? etc.

You'll have to give more details before we can help you. :)

As Doggy said, there is a myriad of ways this can be achieved.

Also, welcome to the forums!
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby iboy70 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 pm

well I want them to appear in selected frames, but no al the time. Lets imagine we have 6 frames. I want my enemies to appear or not (randomnly I mean) between frames 3 and 5 (included) but not when you are in frames 1 2 and 6, for the ennemies I mean monsters (ghosts). and is there a way to make weapons to use against them?

Is it possible?
iboy70

Postby mercedes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi there...:) Welcome to the Forums..!~

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbscript_techniques.htm#appear_disappear

This might be close to what you are looking for..Only you would improvise in the hotspot...it being the enemy..:)..

There are a few random events in the Help files...I think you might find something useful there..~ At least a start to it..:)

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:11 pm

You can use randomization codes like this one

randomize
variable=int(rnd*2)+1
if variable=1 then
LoadAPicture Hotspot (1), "picturename.extention"
end if

in the frames' advanced tab, having Hotspot(1) load the enemy picture and then clicking on the hotspot would kill the enemy or something. But it's all pretty much depending on what result you want and how the rest of the game structure is. If you give us a project sample with graphics and all we could help with the codes
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Post Your Own Tutorials