Requesting help/tutorial for Inventory

This forum is meant for people to share their knowledge by writing their own tutorials for Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Requesting help/tutorial for Inventory

Postby diesy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey there, I'm new to Adventure Maker as well as these forums, so I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct section. If I haven't posted in the correct location I apologize.

What I would like to do is to create an inventory with custom background and border at the bottom of the screen. I'm wondering if there is a way to have an image file overlay the entire project and have the inventory on top of it.

If there are any tutorials or forum posts already made about customizing inventories, it would be greatly appreciated if you could direct me there with the links. :)
diesy

Postby Mystery » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 am

Welcome to the forums diesy :)

As far as I know there are no tutorials for this yet.
To have an image file (border at the bottom of the screen) overlay all your screens, you can design a frame and call it Inventory for example.
Then use the Runtime Frames Merging like this:

But I can tell you, that scripting a custom inventory (selecting items in the inventory, and using them with certain hotspots) will be a quite a big work.

I've done that for an HTML game which doesn't support the default inventory of AM, and I have used a similar scripting method for a jigsaw-type puzzle, and I have experienced it as a big challenge. So that whenever possible, I personally will usually stick with the default inventory.

If you have some basic knowledge of VBScript, then you'll be able to do the scripting though. If you need some help to get you started, let me know :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Re: Requesting help/tutorial for Inventory

Postby mercedes » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:10 am

What I would like to do is to create an inventory with custom background and border at the bottom of the screen. I'm wondering if there is a way to have an image file overlay the entire project and have the inventory on top of it.

You can create a custom inventory background by actually changing the pictures in the Projects Properties.--You can change the Inventory Background..the buttons..ect..
This is for the pictures..not for the items and a custom inventory~ Not sure if this is what u meant.. if u just want to change the pictures..background ect..

As for the border..Runtimes Frame's Merging...
Or u can create the picture of the border...and make a hotspot with the picture in it-[the border]...then use HSM..to put it in all frames.
It can be found here;
http://www.shadowhunter.co.uk/index1.html

Hope that helps..!~ :D
mercedes
VIP

Return to Post Your Own Tutorials