Google Sketchup Help

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Google Sketchup Help

Postby Crazygamemaker » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:39 am

Anyone need help with Google Sketchup.I am willing to help for free.
just post here or PM me. :D
AdvenureMaker is so easy even a caveman can use it!
Crazygamemaker
VIP

Postby SuzyE730 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 pm

I can't really USE Google Sketchup! :oops: It always turns out horrible! :shock:
Hello! :)
SuzyE730

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi Suzy,

I suspect that, as many new users, you went ahead and tried to make a project according to your idea how it should look. Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Although Google SketchUp is rather easy to use - compared to other 3D software - it still requires some basic experience.
Have you gone through the interactive tutorials? If not, I would recommend you to do it, in order to have a basic understanding how this software works. I have made good experience with that myself.
After that, take some time (a few hours) to just play around with it - try to make some simple things.
When you have enough first experience, and know how things work, I'm sure that you will be able to create a project according to your ideas. :)

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Eccentrica » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:31 am

The thing i always found with sketchup and fortunatley for me i understood it from the beginning was that when your ddesigning something inside sketchup you have to think in terms of an erector set (meccano for us british people) for example you want to build a house..... most people when they enter sketchup will drop a rectangle and pull it up put some more rectangles on its face and so on which is the wrong way to think of sketchup.
As with anything a house is made up of several parts: The walls, roof doors, windows, window sills, chimney etc and anything else you think of that would be part of a house. my point is instead of building a house based on a rectangle or square for the walls and a 3d triangle for a roof.
build everything seperatley and then move it all into place. I'll post a couple of tutorials in a little while, because i have noticed for all the sketchup tutorials out there they never really tell you why you should do it the way they're teaching it.
Eccentrica

Return to Working Together