Remedy Of the Lost Souls Trilogy: stalled in production

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Remedy Of the Lost Souls Trilogy: stalled in production

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Well first of all I would like to introduce myself. Name's Christos, I 'm a sixteen year old guy from Greece and I started learning Visual Basic two years ago. I 've read a book for VB 5 (I know VB 6 is the newest, but that's all I could find), but most of my knowledge comes from practice. I really like programming though I don't know much. I 've also passed the Michigan Proficiency Examination, so I could tell I 'm very good at translating between my language and English (I 've already helped Chromegloss55 by translating a project of his in english). One thing I will never be able to do is creating graphics.
So let's get to the point: I and two friends of mine have written a trilogy (well the third part is not yet complete, but that's not a problem) in order to create three adventure games, but we 've stalled in production because of the lack of one graphics designer.
We don't really care about the format of the graphics. They could be 2d or 3d, but we can't pay for this job, because this game is going to be a freeware...
So if anyone is interested in working on a project just for the fame, say it and I am gonna translate the basic scenario in English and upload it here (well that's gonna be a hard thing to do)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Okay, yeah... Total rejection... But you could just have told me (I never expected anyone would offer to be honest)...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

I'm Interested

Postby Nagania » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:45 am

I'm interested.
but i am currently quite busy with my game.

i suggest that you join someone else in their game for now, and get a bit of rep, then i once i have finished my game, i'm in!
that is, if someone hasn't already taken the job by then....

i suggest you post the game details.

thanks,

nagania :wink:
Nagania

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks... I will translate the basic scenario chapter by chapter (no dialogues just what's going on) along with some personal notes and upload them here. Keep updated...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Well I 've not yet translated the senario, but I would like to talk a little bit about my project. Well I don't know if we 're gonna keep the name of the Trilogy as is, but we 've already decided the names of the three parts:
Part 1: The Monk, Part 2: The Chapel, Part 3: The Phoenix.
Part 1 (which will be the first to create probably) is a prelude to the events taking place in the two other parts. It's about one reporter who disguises into a monk and gets in a monastery to learn about some mysterious acts going on... The rest in the scenario, coming soon...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Graphics? Hm?

What are you looking for? I could help a little bit with that...

But you see, my big thing is Visual Basic and its workings, that is my main contribution to AM, and quite obviously, you already excel at that. I could translate your project into Spanish (I'm not Spanish, but I speak a lot of it). I can do music editing and mixing...

But graphics, those take me a long time to do...

Let me know if you're interested anyway...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Okay thanks I would be gratefull if you helped me with music. As for graphics, I think I 'm gonna use the standard 2d static ones and I have some ideas for using the third person plugin alternatively (for example I can create a map and have a little dot representing the actor moving on it in order to move from place to place).
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Well I'm too busy to do graphics for any projects at the moment (maybe in a few months time), but music editing and mixing, definately... I love that!

Let me know what you need...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Ok I will let you know when the rest is ready...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Ok here's the basic storyline. I 'm gonna publish more details about the first part of the trilogy some other time, because of a great lack in time.

I would like to mention that the original (greek) text was written by my good friend Panayiotis Alexopoulos and I only edited the scenario where needed to fit to the trilogy (the second part was written first, so this is something like a prelude).
Attachments
map.jpg
A map of the island of the game as imagined by the writer (the island doesn't really exist, but it's supposed to be in Greece.)
map.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 8657 times
Remedy of the Lost Souls part1.doc
The first part's basic storyline
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Working Together