One Game

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby juhuwoorps » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 am

juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 am

Love it! It gets pretty repetitive towards the end, but overall, very nice. If I were the one making the decisions, I would have that (or at least part of it) as the main theme for the game. Assuming, of course, that we're sticking with the first story idea.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby juhuwoorps » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 am

you can use just parts of it, but it would be nice if there's a comment in the game
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Great track!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Very nice! What software do you use to make such tracks?
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:40 pm

Not that I can contribute much,
But let me me know if you need story line varibales and hooks.
It seems to be something I am good at coming up with.

I smell a hint of .... double cross, triple cross, political intrigue and ..oh shakespeare ...

Nice ...
Last edited by MRM2811 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm using magix musicmaker
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby GM-Support » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:57 pm

juhuwoorps wrote:I'm using magix musicmaker

Thanks for the info!
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:11 pm

MR, are you good at making websites? I'm OK, but it won't be the greatest in the world.

But first what should be the name of the game?
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:52 pm

I can do Googlepages. That's about it. :P

Looks like we are in need of a website designer.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Chromegloss55 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:38 pm

juhuwoorps wrote:I'm using magix musicmaker

Cool. Great track as well... :D

That is a piece of software I often use...

Just one question, did you play that on synthesizer or did you use samples?

Also, I guess I could compose some music for this game as well. If you ever need any ochestral-sounding pieces...
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby MRM2811 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:04 am

Hmm,

I have done a few websites int the past, Not much though.
I just use frontpage for my web design and before you ask I dont do java applets :?

As for a title for the game, I would need to know more of the story.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:12 pm

To plan this out, we need a temporary forum:

http://oneamgame.proboards.com/
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Again, can I be a designer?
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Please don't use again an external forum... the other two ones were epic fails... :cry:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Jaked » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:Please don't use again an external forum... the other two ones were epic fails... :cry:

My Jakedworld Forum: FAIL
Byte By Byte: YOU FAIL!
This: CLOSE TO FAIL!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:02 pm

I don't mean to ofend anyone, but I just think that since this project is about AM, it should be planned here.

It's a good thing to have the team organised in other ways too though.
It's just difficult to remember all these urls and passwords :?
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 pm

We'll just keep it in this forum for the sake of simplicity. External forums require registering and all that hassle, and besides, as Doggy said, it's an AM project and should be kept here.

That said, if there are things the forum can't handle like attachments, or things that would be too long to post, you can always use external sites or e-mail addresses.

Mediafire is a very good online file hoster that I use quite often. I would seriously suggest that for storing project files such as music or frame backgrounds. Perhaps we could make a common account and PM each team member the password so we all have online access to the files?

Also, we need to decide who is going to put the game together. Yes, we can have graphic designers to create great backdrops, story-writers to create a compelling story, composers to bring the story to life with quality music and programmers who make the game do what it's meant to do and try to streamline the experience for the player... but there has to be one person who puts it all together...

Any volunteers? :lol:
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:12 am

You mean like a... boss? :lol:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby cpkspikyhair » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:32 am

I think a programmar should have that job...it is their script.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Jaked » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:36 am

cpkspikyhair wrote:I think a programmar should have that job...it is their script.

They script, but it's the storywriters and/or of course Chickens1127 who made this idea (or at least tried to start it up again and actually succeeded).
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:38 am

cpkspikyhair wrote:I think a programmar should have that job...it is their script.

That does make sense actually...

The programmers are the ones who have to use the code to connect all the parts of the game together, so I guess it makes sense for us to do that.

Well looks like it's me or you then Doggy since we're the two programmers... :P

Your call...
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:02 am

In my experience, projects where the people working together don't really know each other tend to suffer if there are any disagreements over who should be leader. I've seen it happen on other forums, and even some times when I've been the leader. How about we just have a lead group of people who oversee everything and everyone else? That would help lower the number of arguments in the process of making this game.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby MRM2811 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:28 am

I have to agree with Zenoc2.

Why not have a group of people simply working together and submitting ideas, After all this is the "working together" section of the forum.
We all have our own talents, and using those talents to pool our combined resources is good. (wow that sounded like a line out of those captain planet cartoons " with our powers combined ")

Every one has valid points and Chickens did start the ball rolling.
I think it would only be fair to see Him/Her (I dont know? lol) continue organising the project.

But lets not forget we are talkng about creating sotheming that is fun and enjoyable. Let the experience in createing it be the same.

Back to topic.
Is there a character script (as conversations) planned?
Or better still how many characters and who are they ...
Do you have background stories for them?

Im just curious :)
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:11 am

For that matter, do we even have a solid story that we all agree on yet?

Also, my sister is wondering if she can be the foly artist (meaning sound designer). I would make her post it herself, but she wants me to clear it with you guys first. Whatever. She already has some sound effects made (you'd be surprised how many sounds you can get out of one used pop can!).

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:02 pm

I don't have any problem

I have to agree with your idea about the leading team too.
But If I had to vote for a boss, or better, project supervisor, I 'd vote for chickens because it was his Idea and none of us has big experience in it as far as I know (except mabe Zenoc2)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Ok

I will put the game together if you would like, only problem is I do not have full commercial, only normal full, so we couldn't make money. But I would also vote for Doggy or Chrome if they have commercial full.

I see what you mean about the external forum. I'm just saying that we may need more room then just this single topic. Maybe once I build the website I could add a chatroom and have live talks to discuss our progress?

And what about a storyline? I put a poll on different types of storylines on my forum. (That will be the last post on those forums.)

@Zenoc: Sure. If she has any music, let her submit it, and if the forum likes it we will happily use it.

@Mr: Hmmm... There will probably be half a dozen to a dozen characters. I will post some DRAWN concept art as just ideas.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Actually, I'm not talking about music. My sister makes sound FX.

Before we decide who's going to be the leader (I would still prefer a lead group), I think it's important to note that whoever leads should be the main go-to guy (or girl), not necessarily be "the Decider". What I mean by that is, if someone disagrees with the leader, the leader should not automatically win the argument simply because they're the one in charge.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:12 pm

agree.

I prefer the term supervisor
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm

First of all let's all just realise the difference between:

The person that physically puts the game together...

AND

The person that supervises the team, gets everything organised and ensures all decisions are made fairly in the best interests of the team.

The "team supervisor" doesn't necessarily have to be the person putting the game together.

Just thought I'd mention that since that seems to be general direction this is going.

Let me give you an example of how it could work:

Chickens could be the team supervisor, who makes sure that everything is going well, that all of the team have got what they need, that everything is organised and that everything is on schedule. He'd be there to answer any questions about the project and get new people on board. He would make decisions based on what would be best for the team, he could hold votes to decide the best of way of doing things. Basically, that would be his role.

Say Doggy is the guy putting the game together (the programmer). He could be the guy that assembles all the frames, and the music and works with Chrome (me :P ) to make sure that the gameplay experience is as streamlined and smooth for the player as possible. He would have responsibility for making sure that levels are made as planned and the game comes off as it was meant to be. We'll call this guy "the producer".

The producer and team supervisor (or project supervisor) would work together to make sure all elements of the project come together. If the producer was missing a graphic file, he could request it off the project supervisor, and they would go and locate it from the relevant team member (the graphic artist).

Anyway, that's just one way it could work. I think it would be a bit too heavy a load for somebody to be managing the game as well as producing it.
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

PreviousNext

Return to Working Together