Can anyone help with sprite creation?

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Can anyone help with sprite creation?

Postby ryan1980 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi, Ive known about AM for a while and I'm just getting around to fooling with it and I need help in creating a 2D sprite for what will look like an 8-bit "NES" game.

I already have the sprite sheet with 4 angles (NES!) and 5 movements with said angles. But I need someone to explain to me in detail how I need to label each of the files, where the files go in AM, how big the sprites need to be, and the rest I think I can do following the 3rd person tut.

I've found bits and pieces but no actual tut as to how you go about creating a 2D sprite. I realize that's not really what AM is for but if you can incoporate custom sprites within the AM platform then I think it should be noted. :)

Can someone help!!???

If you know of any posts that cover this (I'm sure there are but there are A LOT of posts to go through...) can someone point them out to me, too??

Thanks! -Ryan.
ryan1980

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:39 pm

I 'm in vaccation, so I don't have AM here to examine it myself, but by going to the 3d person sample's external folder and seeing the files there you 'll understand the naming pattern. Then, just use the external configuration tool to create a sprite using your images.

Bare in mind that what you are creating is NOT an actual sprite and therefore doesn't have the same properties. This is a software accelerated simulation of a sprite, instead of hardware sprite and I don't think that you can use methods such as sprite detection, sprite collision etc.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Working Together