looking for help on david the gnome game! relatively simple

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby mercedes » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:02 am

sugawara wrote:lol last thing before i go to work, anyone know how to register keyguard 4? i got the code and whatnot, but have no idea what to do with it!

Go to the plugin link on the side..once you open up AM..

Create and Modify Plugins
Then click EDIT selected plugin
Then go to either Start Up tab or General TAB--[been a while...]

At the bottom of one of those tabs..you will see where Shadow has registered it using his key....Right there...You enter in your registration key...with your name...exactly as shown--as he sent it to u..

Hit ok..
Close it...
Then go to the game or whatever u are making and test a frame..with Keyguard in it....the message you were getting...should no longer appear..

If it does...You did something wrong..name ect...Do it exactly as he has done it above...
Reneuend---Avatar thread..~ :)
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3710
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanks Mercedes....for clearing up both questions! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby sugawara » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 am

I worked through a bit of the gnome2 again and i got an idea: could a person copy/paste the frame that is used for navigation on it with the keyguard scripting? IE say you have one frame for all navigation, and then you paste the frame down again and ONLY merge it with other pages where you will do a different dialogue. huh... i think i just confused myself lol anyhow thanks for help ren and everyone look forward to hearing from you when you get time next!

(and if anyone knows, i still dont know how to use my keyguard code to register it) :)
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:51 am

I worked through a bit of the gnome2 again and i got an idea: could a person copy/paste the frame that is used for navigation on it with the keyguard scripting? IE say you have one frame for all navigation, and then you paste the frame down again and ONLY merge it with other pages where you will do a different dialogue. huh... i think i just confused myself lol anyhow thanks for help ren and everyone look forward to hearing from you when you get time next!

I think you may want Hotspot Magic...It sounds like u want to use the same frame...only save yourself work on doing it all over again..?
HSM would allow u to do what u want in all frames..in one swift motion..add script..U name it..Or u can duplicate the frame within AM..?

(and if anyone knows, i still dont know how to use my keyguard code to register it) :)

Did u follow directions I gave above..in my previous post...?
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:54 am

sugawara wrote:I worked through a bit of the gnome2 again and i got an idea: could a person copy/paste the frame that is used for navigation on it with the keyguard scripting? IE say you have one frame for all navigation, and then you paste the frame down again and ONLY merge it with other pages where you will do a different dialogue. huh... i think i just confused myself lol anyhow thanks for help ren and everyone look forward to hearing from you when you get time next!

With the second option, you don't need to copy and paste anything, all the frame control is done in vbscript using a select statement. It's actually very nice and efficient.

Provided we can get the images to be the same size for the little window (I'd use the word "frame", but I'm afraid it would be confusing!), I would use this approach. You can add all the hotspot animation, etc you want and we can control when it shows up using scripting. However, since you aren't use to scripting, it might be better to use option 3 or 4....coming soon! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:54 pm

this all sounds good, again though i agree with ren i dont think merging is a hot idea because then i cant go to individual frames and plug in the vbscript that came from lyberdoggys/mercedes thread on custom dialogue with avatars.
sugawara

Postby sugawara » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 am

well ladies and gentleman, for circumstances beyond control lazypookzz cant help out with putting the game together once ren and i figure out how to do it, so if anyone else would love the credit and opportunity to help out let me know here :D
sugawara

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:47 pm

I 'd love to help, but unfortunately have such a busy schedule that I can't even work on my projects anymore...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby sugawara » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:21 am

hello! its been a while since i posted but i got a massive amount of help from renuend. he put the whole map together at the massive expensive of his time and i owe him big for it. right now im really busy with work, and getting ready to come back to the united states for christmas break. i dont want to spend another christmas in japan where all their ideas about what christmas is comes from the meaninglessness of disney and kfc chicken lol. but i promise soon ill be back on the gnome game and asking for help!!

thanks to everyone! ill check back soon!

thanks renuend! you saved me tons of work! i hope youll still want to work with me on my project when your stuff is finished!
sugawara

Postby reneuend » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:56 pm

NP! You provided a great layout of all the frames, which made it relatively easy to map out...even with over 300 frames! :P (I thought that was a lot until I saw that CB had over 1500! (gasp)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Previous

Return to Working Together