Sound effects and music for my game

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Sound effects and music for my game

Postby Dalton » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi.
I?m developing a free adventure game named The Black Wish Cemetery. The game is almost ready, but i?m having some problems to find good sound effects and musics for free. I found some, and the game has a lot of songs and sound effects but i?m not sure if the quality is good enough. So i?m looking for someone to work together with me in this part. It won?t need to create the songs and sounds, because it will take a long time to finish and this game should be ready to download in the end of 2009. It can be songs and sounds from a "ready to use" library (you know, from companies that create sounds and sell it in a DVD). i can?t buy this things so maybe someone here has already bought something like this to use. :D
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 am

What kind of sounds and songs are u looking for..? Scary..mysterious..

If i knew what u were looking for exactly..in terms of genre..
I could search for u ...Do u want only a few seconds of loops or full songs..?

I like these 2 sites, myself....

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/ ---This one is good for full songs, you just have to give recognition..It says so on the site..rules ect..

http://www.sounds.beachware.com/ -- This one is good for loops..ditto for this one..~

Also, did u check out this thread..?

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27006#27006
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:03 am

Hi mercedes. I?m looking for some scary sounds and mysterious as well, because in the end of the game there?s a fight with something very evil so the song have to be scary and very tense. Oh, and thanks for the sites, they are great. :)

mercedes wrote:What kind of sounds and songs are u looking for..? Scary..mysterious..

If i knew what u were looking for exactly..in terms of genre..
I could search for u ...Do u want only a few seconds of loops or full songs..?

I like these 2 sites, myself....

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/ ---This one is good for full songs, you just have to give recognition..It says so on the site..rules ect..

http://www.sounds.beachware.com/ -- This one is good for loops..ditto for this one..~

Also, did u check out this thread..?

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27006#27006
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 am

By the way: the New ground is great but i just can?t register myself to inform about the songs i?ll get from the authors; the beachware has sound effects but not for a serious game (the scary screams are not scary)
[quote="mercedes"]What kind of sounds and songs are u looking for..? Scary..mysterious..
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 am

Hey Dalton. I have some scary sounds, but I have no idea where I got them from; it's been so long ago.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi Reneuend, how long no see. :D
Yeah, i?m having the same problem, there?s a lot of sounds that i just don?t remember where i got from...
About the Newgroung, i?m having problem to register myself. When I insert the code into the security check box, i click on "submit" and then appears an error message saying that i have to write a mixture of letters and numbers. But I am writing the letters and numbers from the image.
Oooooh boy.... :(

reneuend wrote:Hey Dalton. I have some scary sounds, but I have no idea where I got them from; it's been so long ago.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 pm

When I insert the code into the security check box, i click on "submit" and then appears an error message saying that i have to write a mixture of letters and numbers. But I am writing the letters and numbers from the image.
Oooooh boy.... Sad

You don't have to be signed in to download a song...Simply go to the Audio Portal and browse..when u find something Download it...You don't have to contact the author..You simply have to put recognition in the game..It's different for Commercial though..but for non commercial..You should be fine..You only have to be signed in to leave a review..ect..:)

Also the text/numbers..might be case sensitive..make sure u check that..:D

Everything u need is in the Audio Portal..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Really? I though i had to say to the author that i?m using his songs in the game. But how do i write the recognition in the game. I?ll write the name of the homepage?

mercedes wrote:
When I insert the code into the security check box, i click on "submit" and then appears an error message saying that i have to write a mixture of letters and numbers. But I am writing the letters and numbers from the image.
Oooooh boy.... Sad

You don't have to be signed in to download a song...Simply go to the Audio Portal and browse..when u find something Download it...You don't have to contact the author..You simply have to put recognition in the game..It's different for Commercial though..but for non commercial..You should be fine..You only have to be signed in to leave a review..ect..:)

Also the text/numbers..might be case sensitive..make sure u check that..:D

Everything u need is in the Audio Portal..
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 pm

You put the Song Title and Author..in the credits..So if u have credits at the beginning..and end..put the recognition there...:)..Where u would normally put anything else for credits.:)..

So its;
Song Title
Author
Location link..If u have the full version..you can make the link active...so the user can click there if they like...ect..:)..[you would put link in the end credits..]..
And a side note, that you game is non-commercial and that you have permission to use the material seen or heard..that sort of thing..~

Try again though..to sign in..and watch for case sensitive..This way later if u want..u can show the guy...how u used his work..Some like to see that..:D

I hope that helps..!~ :d
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Ok, but most of the authors uses a nickname, not the real name, and some has really odd nicknames. :lol:

mercedes wrote:You put the Song Title and Author..in the credits..So if u have credits at the beginning..and end..put the recognition there...:)..Where u would normally put anything else for credits.:)..

So its;
Song Title
Author
Location link..If u have the full version..you can make the link active...so the user can click there if they like...ect..:)..[you would put link in the end credits..]..

I hope that helps..!~ :d
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 pm

I used a lot of sounds from Newgrounds, if the music writers use nicknames, then mention those nicknames, that's no problem :)
You don't have to PM the authors, it's optional to let them know that you have used their music. What is important is to give credits.

Btw, I added one more site to the list.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Dalton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks everybody :D
Now i?m trying to find some programs to erase the sounds from the videos, because i used the soundogs sounds in the ending video and then after almost finishing the part of sound in my game, i sent an e-mail asking if i could use the sounds and songs of soundogs in my FREE adventure game, and they said a should buy the sound. So i??m looking fo a program to erase the sounds of my video.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 am

You could use SUPER for it. Load the video, then check "Disable audio" and export/save the movie again in a file format that you wish.
I tested it quickly and it works.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Mystery

Postby Dalton » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Woooow! :P
Thanks a lot Mystery!
You?re the best! :D

Mystery wrote:You could use SUPER for it. Load the video, then check "Disable audio" and export/save the movie again in a file format that you wish.
I tested it quickly and it works.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

You're very welcome, Dalton :)
Hope it works out well for you. Just make sure you keep the original video and don't overwrite it, in case anything goes wrong.
Mystery

Return to Working Together