Kickstarter : get funds for your game project

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Kickstarter : get funds for your game project

Postby Simon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:51 am

Well, this is not really "working together", but it might be very very usefull on a project you want to make together :)

You probably heard of it already, if not I suggest you have a look at it : Kickstarer !
http://www.kickstarter.com/

Ask people on the net to give money for your project ! Whatever you want to make (a film, a game, music...), you can register your project on this funding platform. And it works with all kind of projects, providing that they're serious projects of course.

Some of the most amazing projects got a lot of funds, much more than they expected !
An example : the game "double fine adventure" asked for $400,000 and they got more than $3,000,000 !

Well, everybody won't have such a success, and it needs some big preparations (you need to explain yourself your project, on a video).

I think AM makers might find some good help here for future projects, in specific cases !
Personally I thought of trying it, but I wanted to be all independant on my work. But if you are a motivated team, you can have a look !

This was not advertising, just sharing a nice info. I really was interested in this platform at a moment...
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:41 pm

This is other web similar to Kickstarter:
www.lab.gamesplanet.com
Vairon
Forum Master

Seem

Postby Harvester » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm

That seems to support European game makers, unlike Kickstarter, which is quite nice! Thanks for sharing!

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:28 am

gameplanet, I never heard of it before. Very interesting :D Thanks Vairon !
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Working Together