Plugin for going back from a multi-page inventory or help

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Plugin for going back from a multi-page inventory or help

Postby GM-Support » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi,

Here is a new open-source plugin.

ALLOWS TO SOLVE THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM:
How to examine the inventory items? In the faq section you explain how to do that, but in my game, when the player use an item on each other (magnifier glass on a book), he goes to more than one frame (many pages in the book) , than I can't use the command "Go to the last visited frame" to go back to the game. How can I make the player come back in the same place in he game before he examine the book in the inventory?

HOW TO USE THE PLUGIN:
- Install the plugin by copying the .pl1 file into the Plugins folder of Adventure Maker (you must extract the zip file attached to this post)
- Enable the plugin from the Plugins tab of the Project Properties
- Go to the Plugins tab of the Frame Properties of the frame that contains the inventory or the help, and check the option "Remember the game position before entering this frame"
- Go to the Plugins tab of the Hotspot properties of the hotspot that should make you exit the inventory or the help, and check the option "Revert to the previous game position".

By the way, I recommend you to have a look at the plugin source code (from the Create/Modify Plugins menu of Adventure Maker) because it is very interesting to learn how to create plugins.

Best regards,
GM-Support
Attachments
GoBackToAPreviousFrameV1.zip
The plugin file (extract the .pl1 file into the Plugins folder of Adventure Maker)
(813 Bytes) Downloaded 2801 times
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

this doesn't seem to work

Postby Tony_LaRocca » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:04 am

I used this plugin, but it creates the same problem. If you look at two objects in a row (using this plugin) when trying to go back to the game, you just get sent back to the frame detailing the first object.
Tony_LaRocca

Postby GM-Support » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are right. The main purpose of this plugin is to allow going through multiple frames for examining one given item, and then going back to the game. It does not work properly if you examine a second item while you are examining a first item.

I can see two solutions:

- Either you don't allow examining other items while examining one item (to so go, just use the code "Action.hideInventoryButton" and then "Action.ShowInventoryButton").

- Or you/we modify the plugin so that further calls to ""Remember the game position before entering this frame" are not taken into account until there is at least a call to "Revert to the previous game position".

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

thanks

Postby Tony_LaRocca » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks- I saw that in the help file - but sadly it means disabling the right click inventory feature. Oh well :)
Tony_LaRocca

Postby mercedes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm

This sounds like an excellent feature..I look forward to using it..~! Can't beleive i'm only seeing this now..LOL Sorry for bumping post..Just wanted to add that I thought it was an excellent feature..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to The Plugins Corner