Text-to-speech

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Text-to-speech

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I was planning on investing a lot of my time on a huge text-to-speech plug-in for AM. Unfortunately, I don't have that much of free time to do that, so I quickly made a compact plugin for that use.
It uses Microsoft's Text-to-Speech SDK to read any text that is given. Just install the plugin, then all you have to do is use this syntax:

Code: Select all
Speak "some text here"

and the engine will read it
Attachments
amtts10beta.rar
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Hehehe, I tried it, BRILLIANT :D :D I wish I tought of that...
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

I bet you can do a far better job. You can try Microsoft's speech sdk 5.1 (compatible with VB6), it's fairly easy to use. My plugin uses less than 10 total lines of coding of my own...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 am

Wow! Think of the possibilities! Dynamic speech! I wonder if you can the voice inflections and style? That's the second cool thing you've shown us today, Lyberodoggy! You're on a roll!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 pm

reneuend wrote:Wow! Think of the possibilities! Dynamic speech! I wonder if you can the voice inflections and style? That's the second cool thing you've shown us today, Lyberodoggy! You're on a roll!

Hehe thanks :)
Yeah you can change the voice from a list of installed voices (Microsoft Sam, Mike, Mary etc) and the speed, but not in this version. Maybe in a future version
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:29 pm

That's an awesome idea...!~..Thanks!~..:D
mercedes
VIP

Text-to-Speech Timing

Postby arienram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Lybrodoggy, great little plug-in. Have added it my AM. Works good and thought that it would be great for a voice-over on a slide-show project and such. One small issue that you may or may not have an answer for?
What I found in a two pic tryout test for this plug-in, was that the voice came through before the picture loaded. I'm assuming I had it all right, using the advanced tab in the frame menu to write in what was wanted.
ie: VB Script: Speak "This is a dark Realm" and so on for each frame.
I tried adding a CreateTimedEvent 3, to the command but it didn't like that at all. Is there some way that voice would speak when the picture was fully loaded in?
I still think its a great little program and will work away on it anyway, but if there was a way around this that would be great. 8)

Regards, ArienRam
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi ArienRam, I 'm glad you liked the plugin :)
Yes, there is a solution actually. Probably you didn't use CreateTimedEvent right.

The right syntax should be: CreateTimedEvent 0.1, "Speak ""some text here"""
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

CreateTimedEvent in Text To Speak

Postby arienram » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Lybodoggy, thanks for getting back to me on the CreateTimedEvent with your plugin. Your right. I didn't have the syntax right. I guess I'm still coming to terms with the programming language which I am not very good at. Will go back to my little test game and have a play with it.
Cheers, ArienRam. :)
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Return to The Plugins Corner