PocketWatch 1.0

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

PocketWatch 1.0

Postby JasonMc » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 am

I am very proud to present my first plugin!

PocketWatch is based on a recent tutorial of mine, with many additional features.

PocketWatch allows for the execution of a timer of any length, at the end of which, one or more events occur. Unlike AdventureMaker's system, which only allows for timers up to 60 seconds in length, PocketWatch supports literally ANY length of time - from 1 second to 24 hours! PocketWatch can be triggered from a frame, hotspot, or item usage event.

PocketWatch involves a three-fold system: Crystal, Pendulum, and Gears. Crystal processes the settings and triggers the rest of the system. Pendulum keeps time. Gears, a multi-faceted system in and of itself, triggers the various end-timer actions (each one is called a Gear).

Additionally, the GearSets feature allows for the use of up to five PocketWatch events independently! Just be sure to enable each PocketWatch GearSet independently in the Project Properties window.

PocketWatch is free to use, even in commercial projects.

I have packed this into a nice little installer file for convenience. You can uninstall from the All Programs menu item if you no longer want to use PocketWatch.

Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
*When the player goes to another frame before the time is up, the PocketWatch will automatically turn off without Gears activating.

*The most recent instance of a PocketWatch GearSet will override any older instances. (i.e. If PocketWatch A is set on the frame properties AND on the hotspot properties of the same frame, the hotspot properties settings will override the frame properties settings.)

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.mousepawgames.com/labs/
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:16 am

Congratulations :)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

Have you recently updated this plugin?

Is there any way to make it count while you play the game? I mean, when you left the scene and go to others, then come back...
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby JasonMc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Ironically, I just so happened to feel and urge to check this forum (which is quite odd, actually, since I'm no longer active here.)

I am not currently supporting PocketWatch, as I have switched to the Python platform for game development (due to a number of technical reasons.) I have no plans for updating this plugin.

Unfortunately, I was never able to get around the bug of PocketWatch shutting off when frames were changed. (See Known Issues...)

There are a number of cracker-jack Plugin creators around here that would probably be able to help you with your specific need. I would suggest creating a new topic and asking how to do what you are proposing.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help, but I wish you all the best with your project.
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
JasonMc

Postby JasonMc » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Download for PocketWatch has been moved:

-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
JasonMc

Postby reneuend » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:20 am

Hey JasonMc!!! It's nice to see you out here.
Could you update the link in the top post? This is where people will expect to find the correct link.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: PocketWatch 1.0

Postby insaneproject » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

JasonMc wrote:I am very proud to present my first plugin!

PocketWatch is based on a recent tutorial of mine, with many additional features.

PocketWatch allows for the execution of a timer of any length, at the end of which, one or more events occur. Unlike AdventureMaker's system, which only allows for timers up to 60 seconds in length, PocketWatch supports literally ANY length of time - from 1 second to 24 hours! PocketWatch can be triggered from a frame, hotspot, or item usage event.

PocketWatch involves a three-fold system: Crystal, Pendulum, and Gears. Crystal processes the settings and triggers the rest of the system. Pendulum keeps time. Gears, a multi-faceted system in and of itself, triggers the various end-timer actions (each one is called a Gear).

Additionally, the GearSets feature allows for the use of up to five PocketWatch events independently! Just be sure to enable each PocketWatch GearSet independently in the Project Properties window.

PocketWatch is free to use, even in commercial projects.

I have packed this into a nice little installer file for convenience. You can uninstall from the All Programs menu item if you no longer want to use PocketWatch.

Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
*When the player goes to another frame before the time is up, the PocketWatch will automatically turn off without Gears activating.

*The most recent instance of a PocketWatch GearSet will override any older instances. (i.e. If PocketWatch A is set on the frame properties AND on the hotspot properties of the same frame, the hotspot properties settings will override the frame properties settings.)

DOWNLOAD HERE:

demo poketwatch aviable?
HERE MY WEBSITE AND MY GAMES! CLICK HERE:http://magva-productions.es.tl/
insaneproject
Advanced Member

Return to The Plugins Corner