AM v4.2.0 build4 released! Download now!

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM v4.2.0 build4 released! Download now!

Postby GM-Support » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi all!

Adventure Maker v4.2.0 build4 is available for download! You can get it from the following URL (16MB):

http://www.arnoldsconcepts.com/am/am420 ... s_file.exe

Most of the new features since v4.1 concern the creation of software for the PSP:

1. Whole new graphic engine for the PSP. Loads the images much faster.
2. Improved installer for the PSP: adds the bookmark entry to the top of the list, and prevents duplicate entries when installing several times the same software.
3. New integrity check routines before starting compilation, to automatically detect dead links and missing files, in order to make sure that the compilation succeeds.
4. Support for animations (animated GIF's).
5. Support for timers to go to another frame after a given time.
6. Semi-transparent background for the text displayed at the bottom of the screen, for improved visibility.
7. Several bug fixes.

As far as the creation of software for Windows is concerned, it is now possible to evaluate the advanced features of the Full Edition (360-degree panoramas, third-person sprites, plugins, scripting, Flash, ActiveX components, etc.) from within the Free Edition. Just launch the Free Edition and you will notice that the buttons that belong the Full Edition are no longer disabled. Although you can evaluate the advanced features of the Full Edition only with projects that have fewer than 20 frames (and you cannot use them to create executables), you can test all of them, and you can even create your own plugins.

Sorry for those who were hoping more features for creating software for Windows, they will probably be implemented in v4.3. The ability to compile software for the PSP will greatly increase the exposure of the AM program, expand the AM community, increase the number of created games, increase the number of visitors to the AM website, and therefore also increase the number of people downloading and playing your games.

Please let me know if you find any bugs.

Best regards,
GM-Support
Last edited by GM-Support on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:01 pm

The impact of the release of AM v4.2 on the number of visitors to the AM website:

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?tab=1&link=1&id=1671394
GM-Support

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:44 pm

Hi GM,

Yeah looking good :D

I do not only think you now have the attention of PSP enthousiastics but also of the MAC minded group of adventure gamers which will certainly have an impact on the amount of hits and hopefully of the number of AM-users / games.

You did a great thing focusing on the PSP.

You will probably need a MOD for the PSP-section soon. I think there are already some good candidates.

Again, great job GM :D

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby GM-Support » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:38 am

Thanks a lot, ShadowHunter!

For those who are curious, this page tells the websites from which the visitors come from:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/index.php

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby Serideth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:14 pm

Well, This is the first version of AM I have used, and I must say, my PSP runs it like a charm, fair play to you guys, this is a great program, for that I thank you :)
Serideth

Postby dk627 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:45 pm

i keep having problems with animated gifs, some of them work and some dont. most of them have messed up backgroungds but are not even transparent, just plain black. they work fine when i open them up normally but i get problem when i import them into AM
dk627
Frequent Poster

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:28 am

Hi dk627,

Please send them to: contact2005@adventuremaker.com

I will give a look as soon as I have time.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby dk627 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:13 pm

nvm
reinstalled am and everything works fine :D
dk627
Frequent Poster

Return to Creating Software for the PSP