New member...with a sound problem in PSP

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New member...with a sound problem in PSP

Postby dev » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Hi,

I bought AM this morning because I'm converting a previous demo I've done in VB and Director to my PSP.

I've looked AM and it is good and fast enought for my project, because I've little time (I'm developing the demo for my BA in Game Development) and I decided to buy it.

Now, the problem is that I'm not able to put my music and sounds in the frame because the Audio tab is gray and disabled.

Someone can help me please?
Thank you very very much!
dev

Postby Bortdafarm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:22 pm

you can get a BA in games dev-ing? yikes !! didn't know that!! times change :!:

i don't know this for sure and i don't want to be depressing but i've read in a couple of threads here that PSP games made with AM can't carry sounds---

~~didn't mean to swear~~ i not even sure i know what a PSP is so it's not Gospel :oops: --
Bortdafarm

Postby dev » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi Bortdafarm,

you can get a BA in games dev-ing? yikes !! didn't know that!! times change Exclamation

You're right, I expressed me bad...The BA is in Game Design (a branch of Media Design in my school) and for my thesis I'm developing something for Pc and after seeing AM I thought I could convert something on my PSP.

i don't know this for sure and i don't want to be depressing but i've read in a couple of threads here that PSP games made with AM can't carry sounds

I hope you're wrong on it, I'm very depressed :?

However, thank you for the answer for the moment, I'll let you know if I discover something out of this forum.
BYE
dev

Postby Bortdafarm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:18 pm

he he ! was just saying that with the advent of computer games as mass media being quite recent it still seems slightly odd to think of being able to study them and their design as a main stream education qualification--i was learning LATIN when i was at school!

i'd have been given severe physical punishment if found thinking about games during schooling hours lol! :lol:

isn't there anything on the main AM site about PSP AM and any limitations there-of

PM GM_support he's your man///
Bortdafarm

Postby dev » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:21 pm

he he ! was just saying that with the advent of computer games as mass media being quite recent it still seems slightly odd to think of being able to study them and their design as a main stream education qualification--i was learning LATIN when i was at school!

i'd have been given severe physical punishment if found thinking about games during schooling hours lol! Laughing

eheh, yeah, you're right...but my father isn't so happy of my studies too, but noone inflict me phisical punishment when i think what i like in school hours :), I'm happy for this :D

I'm a little less happy for the sound support in AM, and just now I were looking for the game save/load function (disabled too).
I think AM can do great things for someone like me that is not able to program on PSP, but needs some news functions (always referred to the PSP support, not the PC)...i thought they where disabled in the demo version so I bought it (I need less tha 150 frames).

The next problem will be the video play... you know how is to play a Myst game without audio and video...it loose to 80% of the interess...and i loose the 75% of my examination vote :(

I followed your suggestion and I've send him a PM.
Thank you again
BYE
dev

Postby Bortdafarm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 am

:D you could supply the player a free mouth organ with each game

i dunno your right no sound is not going to cut it for any-one

surely it can do midi that would be some-thing?
Bortdafarm

Postby dev » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:42 am

Hmmm... in my game i don't need only music or better, 10% music, 60% soundFx (+30% silence:)).
I don't think that midi is the right way to do this, and SoundDesign is one of my courses at school (more composition and hystory of SoundFx than the creation of new sound generator).
dev

Return to Creating Software for the PSP