AM Games Could (Probably) Be Played on a Mac!

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM Games Could (Probably) Be Played on a Mac!

Postby Kato » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:32 am

I do not own a Mac, but I have a close friend who's only computer is a Mac, and he wants to play some of my AM creations. I thought that since the PSP games are played through the PSP's browser, why can't a normal browser play them? Today, I finally bit the bullet and attempted my experiment. T'alvi is PERFECTLY PLAYABLE in Firefox on Windows!

It's not a perfect solution. Limited resolution, kinda sluggish, no sound or saving, no 360 panoramas. But it IS possible--at least in Firefox, on Windows. I would like someone with a Mac to attempt playing the game. They would need the files for T'alvi in one directory, readable by their computer (whether they copy it or play it from a card reader shouldn't matter). I would like them to try opening the file "00182.a" in their normal browser, and if that doesn't work, try it in Firefox.

Please, if you have a Mac, or are a Mac user (why are you here? ;)), try this. I may be going off into nothing--this may have even been found before--but I would like to know. If it HAS been done before, I would like a link to where it has. :)

If this is in the wrong place please move it--it DOES have to do with PSP-formatted software.

-Kato
Kato

AM on a Mac

Postby jimmidell » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 am

I have run my games using an emulator (Virtual PC) on a few of my Macs. With Intel processors and Boot Camp or Parallel Desktop you can run Windows/AM very fast on a Mac and I'm here because I also run 2 versions of Linux besides OSX and Windows. Best tool for the job.
jimmidell

Postby Koetsu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Probably been asked before, but does AM fare well on Crossover?
Koetsu

Postby mercedes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 am

T'alvi is PERFECTLY PLAYABLE

Where did u get T'alvi ?? I didn't think even the psp was available..
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4812

Someone started a thread here a while back wondering about it..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:47 am

Mercedes, you are quoting a post from 2006, and I assume that it was available back then ;)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:52 am

Oh..:lol:...didn't see the date..I was wondering.. :?
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 am

Don't worry. You aren't the only one who has done that! I was just lucky enough to catch it and delete my message before posting! :lol:
---

reneuend
Administrator

crossover

Postby jimmidell » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 am

I have yet to run crossover, but I will. Get back to you soon.
jimmidell

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:52 am

I'm still wondering where you found T'alvi... but it did occur to me that AM games with VBS script might run under Virtual PC.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Re: AM Games Could (Probably) Be Played on a Mac!

Postby PWNage_PWR » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:31 am

Kato wrote:I do not own a Mac, but I have a close friend who's only computer is a Mac, and he wants to play some of my AM creations. I thought that since the PSP games are played through the PSP's browser, why can't a normal browser play them? Today, I finally bit the bullet and attempted my experiment. T'alvi is PERFECTLY PLAYABLE in Firefox on Windows!

It's not a perfect solution. Limited resolution, kinda sluggish, no sound or saving, no 360 panoramas. But it IS possible--at least in Firefox, on Windows. I would like someone with a Mac to attempt playing the game. They would need the files for T'alvi in one directory, readable by their computer (whether they copy it or play it from a card reader shouldn't matter). I would like them to try opening the file "00182.a" in their normal browser, and if that doesn't work, try it in Firefox.

Please, if you have a Mac, or are a Mac user (why are you here? ;)), try this. I may be going off into nothing--this may have even been found before--but I would like to know. If it HAS been done before, I would like a link to where it has. :)

If this is in the wrong place please move it--it DOES have to do with PSP-formatted software.

-Kato

Because of AM games being posted on websites, which are accessed through the internet browsers. Your friend just go into safari and goes to your game.
PWNage_PWR

Return to Creating Software for the PSP