Creating custom icons

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Creating custom icons

Postby filmfreakk » Thu May 04, 2006 2:19 am

I created my own icon using the program 'Icon Editor,' which is available with AM. I understand that, to get my icon to work, I need both the .ico AND the .png file of the icon. I have the .ico file, but how do I get a .png of it? Someone PLEASE help. Thanks in advance!
Please stop posting in caps..
'Life is like a roller coaster. It has ups and downs. Twists and turns. And it always feels better with someone sitting next to you.'
filmfreakk

Postby GM-Support » Thu May 04, 2006 11:30 pm

Hi,

You can create PNG files with most imaging software. For example, you can create them with Microsoft Paint, included in Windows. It does even support transparency (but not alpha transparency).

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

thnks.

Postby filmfreakk » Fri May 05, 2006 12:23 am

thank you. and sry for the caps...=[.
'Life is like a roller coaster. It has ups and downs. Twists and turns. And it always feels better with someone sitting next to you.'
filmfreakk

Postby Candle » Fri May 05, 2006 12:44 am

If you can afford it get IconCool editor.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

hello

Postby Chaosclone67 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:44 am

hello,i have a program called icon maker i'll put it up on my site soon so you can download it
Chaosclone67

ICON EDITOR..

Postby mercedes » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:39 am

I"m trying to use the Icon editor that comes with AM..

and i draw one..and when i go to save it...it won't save as a separate file..it keeps replacing the other one in there...

Basically how it goes..so i hit save as or save and the box comes up..Tutorial is the place that comes up..for me to save it in..and when i click on it..there is the red key there..so it forces me to click on it and save over top of it. or else instead of save..still says open in the box..

.ive tried to do it a few different times..made something else after that..which was a can opener and it replaces it also...its like im only able to do one at a time..i cant have alist in there..of icons..and i had better use them right away more or less..cause it only allows one icon at a time...

i hope you can understand this..hard to explain..ive even tried saving it somewhere different..to no avail...really frustrating..

and yes im saving it as a .ico file ..kinda happesn automatically..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:47 am

When you choose "save as...", you can choose the folder where you would like to save the .ico file that you have made - you can choose any place on your pc. And you can give the file a name.

If you give the .ico files that you create always a different name, no other file should be replaced by the new one.
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:31 am

I figured it out..yay..im a loser..lol..u know the star.. like when u go to save it...its saves as *.ico...the star asterisk..was still there when i was trying to save it...no wonder it wanted to only open and not save..duh..lol..my eye site must be getting bad..thanks anyhow for ur help!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:59 pm

You're welcome Mercedes :)
Mystery

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Now how the (I did mean to curse!) heck did this end up in Creating Software for the PSP?!??!?!?!?!?!?

(100th post, doing what I love to do. Criticizing. :D :D :D )
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to Creating Software for the PSP