Disappearing hotspots

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Disappearing hotspots

Postby gcsorba » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to AM and the site, but I really like the program.

I've created a simple PSP game (no variables), and it ran perfectly when I tested it in Windows. After compiling it for the PSP, installing it and running it, all my hotspots from the first frame were gone, so I could do nothing but close the browser.

I tried it on a 2.71 FW PSP, and the Portable Game Demo and T'Alvi both worked fine on it. I read other posts on the site, so I avoided putting hotspots near the edge of the frame, and I didn't include text longer then one line. I'm not using custom icons, but the same ones that are in the Portable Game Demo.

I also tried a little experiment, with just two screens, similar to the lamp on/off tutorial, but still no luck.

Can anyone help please? I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with a game for Christmas, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
gcsorba

Little better

Postby gcsorba » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 pm

Okay, I did some tests, and the problem seems to be random.

Starting the same game from the bookmarks sometimes leads to the hotspots disappearing, and other times it works perfectly. I'm happy that it's working, still, if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening (or if it's normal or not), please share.
gcsorba

Return to Creating Software for the PSP