Castle Walkthrough

This forum is meant for people to ask for help or give it about the games created with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Castle Walkthrough

Postby Chaplaindm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Created a walkthrough of a German Castle! Don't forget you have to pay to get through the door. First time I have tried free file sharing so let me know how it works!

http://www.filebox.com/7vo4yau7wten Filebox Link

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/CxOesDt/Altenburg%20Castle.exe Megashares Link
Chaplain
For God and country!
Chaplain
Chaplaindm

Re: Castle Walkthrough

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 am

Sounds very interesting....
I'll download it and try it over the weekend.
Thanks for sharing!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Chaplaindm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 am

Definately let me know what you think!
For God and country!
Chaplain
Chaplaindm

Postby mrmyst » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Very nice:

Altenburg is one of the most beautiful Castles in Germany. I've been there four times. I will visit it (despite these great software) again, soon. Tip: If you have a tripod, you should use it. It disturbs sometimes when the camera angle is different from image to image.
mrmyst

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 am

I forgot to comment on this! Very sorry!!

I liked the idea of using AM as a walkthrough of something real. You could probably save this as html and load it to the web.

The navigation was surprisingly easy. However, I would probably make use of the transition feature and slide from one scene to another. Also, I would suggest not having a dead-end screen. There should have been a way to turn around, or at least display an exit button to show the users you can't go any further.

Last suggestion.....add some background music that fits the theme. Also, it would have been cool to record some ambient sounds.

I enjoyed seeing people in the scenes. It made it much more interesting. I'm not sure if they were with you or not, but what a bunch of good looking kids. They looked like they were having fun.

Good job! ...my last suggestion would be to save this as html and post to the web...with other sites of interest of course!!! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Chaplaindm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am

Great ideas! I am sort of new to this and didn't realize you could export at an HTML file. I'll have to try that.

I am using AM to create walkthroughs of places I have been as if it were a picture album. My kids (Yes, they are the kids in the walkthrough!) love to click through and play around in the program.

Now I am trying to work on creating more interactivity and giving it a "game" feel. My next project is probably going to be a spelunking trip with a bunch of Soldiers. We go to a cave system and natigate the whole thing. I want to use AM so that you could "come along" with us.

I tried the same thing in a big castle ruin near Adona, Turkey but my camera battery died!

Chaplain
For God and country!
Chaplain
Chaplaindm

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing another part of the world. As it is, I rarely get to travel much even here in my own country! :shock:

It will be fun to see your next project.....and remember, if you have some idea that you aren't sure can be done, please ask! We have a lot of talent on this forum!

btw, I mentioned using the transition between frames. It looks great, but I don't think its supported in html. I've never tried it though.

Best of luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Games Hints and Walkthroughs