Door with more than one lock

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Door with more than one lock

Postby mugginsmajik » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi, is it possible to create a door that needs more than one key to open it?
E.G. A safe that has 4 locks and needs 4 different keys. I know that you can make a frame for each one, but is it possible for it to remember that you have already opened a certain amount of the locks so it doesn't go back to the first lock everytime you come away from the safe or whatever it maybe? Thanks
mugginsmajik

Postby Roghen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:06 pm

yes, i think you have to use variables
Roghen

Postby Bortdafarm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:27 pm

you could try allso giving the player four keys as items then combining them in a specific order creates the master key (gives them a new key as an item deleting the old) ) which unlocks the door--
Bortdafarm

Postby under_score » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:15 pm

to do the four locks, make a variable for each lock and just add a hotspot that is used to open the door and make it so when all the variables are set to 1 its visible :o
under_score
Advanced Member

Postby mugginsmajik » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:34 pm

Hi, thanks to everyone for your quick replies, I haven't actually used variables in my game yet, so I'll have to have a play around and see if I can get it to work.
mugginsmajik

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion