Third Person, and NCPs? Help!

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Third Person, and NCPs? Help!

Postby Podrix » Wed May 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Okay, I have played the Third person demo, and how do you make a guy in your game to move around?

Also, to make an NCP talk do you just need to make a new screen with the writing in it? :shock:
Creating an online community.. thought an adventure might be cool for users to play.
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Wed May 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have seen the tutorial to create 3rd person games with AM. It is easy to use and I had no problems creating a test game following the instructions there. I would suggest you to try it with its help and ask if you get stuck:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/thir ... _games.htm

For your 2nd question, I'm not sure if I understood you right. But you can make a hotspot on the character and you can set the hotspot option so that on mouse click a text is displayed. Do you mean something like this? If not, could you please make an example what you would like to do?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

No

Postby Harvester » Wed May 10, 2006 6:07 pm

No, you don't have to make conversations that way. There is a built in conversation-system in AM and I guess there are plugins for making better ones.

I don't really know how to make movement because I haven't done any third person games yet, so tell me if I'm not right, but as far as I know you should make a hotspot which will be the area in which if the player clicks, the charachter moves.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Wed May 10, 2006 6:15 pm

Yes, sure, you can use e.g. the Dialogue Wizard for dialogues. I didn't work with any other plugins so I can' tell. It depends also on what exactly you want to make I guess.

And yes, you have to create a hotspot as an area where the character will move. The needed steps are described in the link that I provided in my last post.
Mystery

Postby Podrix » Fri May 12, 2006 1:01 pm

How do I make my own character to use for 3rd person?
Creating an online community.. thought an adventure might be cool for users to play.
Podrix

Postby Candle » Fri May 12, 2006 9:05 pm

Please read the help file it will give lots of help.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/thir ... _games.htm
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Fri May 12, 2006 9:58 pm

There are 2 characters (a male and a robot) already in AM. I guess you should create your own character in the same positions and add the same numbers as in the already existing characters. But I have no experience with making it.
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion