Combat system possible?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Combat system possible?

Postby Berserga » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi all!

I finally did it, I bought Adventuremaker. Now my mind reels with all kind of ideas.

I'm wondering if it could be possible to do a very basic RPG style combat system in adventure maker? Like lets say you are presented with an option to attack, or not attack a character.

Maybe there could be some kind of script that could sort of "roll dice" behind the scenes to determine if you were successful based on predetermined odds.

If you were successful one action would load, if unsuccessful another.

This type of principle could also be applied to things other than combat I would imagine.

I'm awful at math so I wouldn't have a clue how to go about this or if it's even possible, But seeing some of the cool plugins available, I thought somebody might be up to the challenge.
Berserga

Postby ShadowHunter » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi Berserga,

I'm sure most things you describe can be done by using some code in AM itself, no plugin needed... which is of course a good thing.

You can download some pretty neat examples of coding from my website for example Tic-Tac-Death... you will quickly get the hang of it :wink:

Good luck,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion