Free or paid licence (full or commercial)

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Free or paid licence (full or commercial)

Postby Eddiegutt » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:43 am

A couple of years ago I bought the full programme, - not the commercial licence. When an updated version was available I downloaded this, but then my payed for gameengine was "locked" and I was stuck with a limmited "free" version.

If I proceed to buy a commercial engine now, - does that mean that every time an update appears, I have to pay the full ammount over and over?
Eddiegutt

Postby Candle » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:52 am

I think it covers the updates till the next full version comes out.
I could be wrong on this so maybe someone else knows more about it will pipe in.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:03 am

If you take a look at the AM main page and go to the store page, you see that there are options like upgrade from earlier professional version of AM to newer AM full version, or from noncommercial to commercial. These are lower prices. But I'm not sure if one of those options applies to your case.
Maybe you could have used this possibility already when you updated your version to get a licence for a lower price. And then change from noncommercial to commercial licence again for a reduced price.
But I have no experience with those changes yet, so I can not tell you for sure.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion