Vote your most wanted feature

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What feature would make Adventure Maker a killer app?

A. Export games to DVD Video
6%
B. Export games to XBox 360
12%
C. Export games to PDA
2%
D. Export games to Vista Gadgets
No votes
E. Export games to HTML to play in web browser
21%
F. Sound support for PSP games
11%
G. Javascript support for PSP games
1%
H. More versatile plugins system
3%
I. Support for Javascript in addition to VBScript
2%
J. Cubic panorama plugin
12%
K. Improved 3rd person plugin
13%
L. Revamped user interface
6%
M. Greater stability and fewer bugs
7%
N. Android Support
3%

Total votes : 99

Vote your most wanted feature

Postby GM-Support » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi,

Please vote the feature that you want the most.

Since this forum does not allow voting for more than one feature, please feel free to post a message with all the features sorted by order of interest (start by the most wanted feature). For example, you can post a message with the following list: C-F-B-E-K-A-J-M-K-H-G-I-L-D
meaning that the most wanted feature is C (export games to PDA) and the less wanted is D (export games to Vista gadgets).

I am aware that many features that have been suggested are missing from the list. Please feel free to include additional suggestions in your top-ten sorted list.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Mystery » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Nice to have you back GM at last :D

Here is my wish list in priority order:
E
L
H
M
I
K
Mystery

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Great to have you back GM :D

I would suggest improving some things that AM is lacking for quite some time now:

- Inventory items (no longer use of icons but real images)
- Inventory more flexible (scrolling, top, bottom, etc)
- Animated cursor support
- Use of images for cursor
- Save en load dialog 100% customable inc. screenshot support
- Rain, fog, smoke, fire effects

This would improve AM a lot... from here I would go to XBOX :wink:

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby dk627 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:11 pm

I would really like to see:

E. Export games to HTML to play in web browser

I have been making some applications for a local school and some are in AM but one of the biggest challenges installing it on every computer, web based support would be great!
dk627
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:57 am

I like E. Export games to HTML to play in web browser
And everything here that Shadow said:
- Inventory items (no longer use of icons but real images)
- Inventory more flexible (scrolling, top, bottom, etc)
- Animated cursor support
- Use of images for cursor
- Save en load dialog 100% customable inc. screenshot support
- Rain, fog, smoke, fire effects
But the - Rain, fog, smoke, fire effects on the top of the list.

I think a single exe file with all files pack into it would be nice too.
So if you have a small game or demo you don't need to use the installer.
Candle
Administrator

Postby CBSection31 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 am

J. Cubic panorama plugin
A. Export games to DVD Video
L. Revamped user interface
M. Greater stability and fewer bugs

The others don't interest me.
CBSection31
Code Master

Wanted

Postby Harvester » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:57 pm

You didn't mention inventory in panorama games :?
However I think an improved inventory would be great, something like what we see nowadays in commercial adventure games.
An improved 3rd person plugin would be also nice.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby AncientRein » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:06 am

welcome back GM,

I think a custom install menu would really
be nice the current one looks really dated.

of course the cubic pan too .

thanks
AncientRein
AncientRein

Postby Mystery » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:39 am

In my first post I just rated quickly the priority of the list contents of yours.
Now I have also additional suggestions which could possibly be realised (though I have no idea what is possible or not, so just some ideas).

1) Additional feature in playing audio: It would be great if I could add 3-4 music files that would follow each other automatically as background music without the need to call the next song on a specific frame "manually" (when one piece of music ends, the next starts automatically). Of course the feature of changing sound "manually" for specific frames and hotspots should be kept, but an automated sequence of background sound would be fantastic if possible.

2) It would be fantastic if there was a feature in the Dialogue Wizard that the player could make choices of some offered answers (and depending of the answer the associated "action" to this answer could be defined)

3) Already mentioned in the other suggestion thread: I would like to have the possibility to call the next question by mouse click in the Dialoque Wizard (instead of timed duration).

4) Ability to use Action.GoToFrame in the frames properties.

5) Ability to load animated gif using VBScript.

And just small question to another topic:
Did you plan to update/revise the Help Files? I have used them countless times (and will use them in future) and find them very useful. But I also see some room for improvement which would be helpful especially for new users but also for more experienced ones. The three aspects where I would wish some improvement are: 1) Structure, 2) Couple of more detailed basics/tutorials for beginners, 3) Add a selection of additional most important examples/topics that have been discussed and solved on the forums.
If you plan to update it, I would willingly lend a hand to make more specific suggestions or even do some basic work on it (like gathering additional important examples from this forums; writing more detailed tutorials for beginners etc. which you could then countercheck and proofread). I know that your time is limited as the time of most of us, that's why I would like to offer you some support if you plan to make some useful update (no need to add credits ;)).
Mystery

Postby Korrupt_Ikonz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:54 am

E - Export games to HTML for web browsing.

And of course the weather effects - rain, snow, fog, lightning, high winds, etc., etc.

Korrupt_Ikonz
Korrupt_Ikonz

Postby GM-Support » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby gwythion » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:59 pm

Hello, I've been enjoying this software for a while now, and this seems to be a good time to join the forum.

The panorama capabilities of AM are my favourite feature, so I would say J - Cubic Panoramas are my top choice.

Other suggestions made here such as a range of effects (smoke, fire, snow etc) as well as an improved inventory would be next (especially if all of these could be put in panoramas!). Could the water ripple effect be put in panoramas?

The improved installer suggestions seem good too.

Cheers!
gwythion

Postby Qtip5 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:28 am

I would love to be able to Export games to HTML to play in the web browser so others wouldn't need to download and install the games onto their computers.
Jake is Back!
Qtip5

Postby LindaCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:52 pm

My order of importance is:
M
L
K
H
I
B
E
G

As for the rest, I don't care.
LindaCat

Postby mugginsmajik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:48 pm

Export to DVD would be great, some of my family members don't have a computer, but want to play my game.
mugginsmajik

Postby Candle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:52 pm

mugginsmajik wrote:Export to DVD would be great, some of my family members don't have a computer, but want to play my game.

They need the computer to play the game.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mugginsmajik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:02 pm

Oh I see, what I was looking for was a way to turn the games into an interactive DVD.
mugginsmajik

Postby GM-Support » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 pm

You are right, "A. Export games to DVD Video" means that you can play your games on TV with the remote control of your home DVD Video player, without a computer.
GM-Support

Postby Mystery » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Oh, that sounds interesting, I have misunderstood it aswell :)
Mystery

3rd person

Postby Maart » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:32 am

3rd person update deseratly needed!
Maart

Postby Imari » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:16 pm

Except for the low quality of the panoramas in the current panoramic plug-in. AM plus ShadowHunter's plug-ins can do everything that I need. I voted above for the cubic panorama plug-in, but any (cylindral, spherical, or cubic) panoramic plug-in of suitaable quality and with inventory and video/gif hotspot support would be most welcome.
Imari
VIP

Postby Gumbro » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:23 pm

Hello,

This may be out of the box but I'd like to see support for episodes, expansions, or 'patches' which could be downloaded from a menu within the game, or with some other easy way. With this approach one could start a game with some rooms and add more content later. This feature would be nice for removing bugs, too.

Give it a thought.

G
Gumbro

Postby Kain » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:18 pm

-Greater stability and fewer bugs
-A more powerful scripting language (C++ like)
-Compatible with many operative system
-Better 1st person pugins
Kain

Most wanted feature

Postby LindaCat » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:11 am

I think I already voted, but happy to list priorities:
#1 Stability, no bugs, (-if that's possible).
#2 Spherical panorama, (so I can finally use it :D )
#3 Permitting .png-files

This is of course personal choises based on my needs. Basically I think the program is great as it is. I've actually tried 2 or 3 others, but got bogged down in programming rather than creativity.
LindaCat

nested folders - please!!!

Postby pocorev » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:47 pm

i'm still patiently waiting for the day when i can have nested folders within the external programs directory.

my project work with the older version of AM came to a reluctant halt since i couldn't run multiple instances of the same external game engine without running into problems.

without the ability to link to individual game levels located in their own unique directories, (gamelevel1 dir ; gamelevel2 dir; etc...) i simply cannot finish my game project. :(

i don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but i'm seriously begging you to make it an update priority.

since i've explained my situation several times over the period of the past couple years, i'd prefer to not have to once again explain the specifics of my request... suffice it to say that it's a feature that would allow me to finish my commercial project and to start another soon after.

please take my request seriously.

best regards;

marshall
pocorev

Postby GM-Support » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:42 pm

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions. They will sure be taken into account.

pocorev: did you try manually adding folders to the installation by modifying the .iss file that is generated when compiling the project?

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby pocorev » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:19 pm

hi;

using the files inside the external folder (for only one 3d game level) works perfectly, but tucking these files inside their own unique folders doesn't. i've manually set the paths to accomodate the folders, but for some reason, can't get it to work.

i understand that in theory (at least) what you're suggesting 'should' be do-able. the problem is, that in actual practice i've been consistantly unable.

of course it's always possible that something very simple is being overlooked, so would it be possible for you to give a short tutorial on how to accomplish this?

if i only had to worry about a single 3D gamelevel, it wouldn't be a problem since using the files in the external folder works well. but i can't use more than one game level in the external folder due to same-named files and resources which end up conflicting with each other. these same-named files are system files required to run the engine, and simply cannot be renamed. since i have 3 seperate 3D game levels that i want to integrate within my AM project, each has to be in its' own unique directory.

i would like to establish whether the problem is my own stupidity or an actual shortcoming of AM. (btw - some time ago i enlisted Shadowhunter's help and he was unsuccessful as well)

any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

marshall
pocorev

Postby Candle » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:28 am

How about the less wanted feature!
Please remove the warning popup when using the 1024x768 screen size..
I hate that thing.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Dissapointed in your choice of what need updating

Postby tribalxdude » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:58 pm

It's got a pretty face, Let's get to making the guts better!

Here is a list of items that would make adventure maker worth $199 or $130 or what ever. It?s great that it can make games for PS (that?s not really important to me) but what really needs attention is the under the hood without passing the buck onto plug-ins. Here are some suggestions to make Adventure Maker much better and more able to make ?Myst Like Games?. This is only a small fraction of the problems I have with its event system and so called hotspots.

1-Better Event Driven system

A-Scripting in Adventure Maker is cool but is about as powerful as a moped. Not to mention the lack of OOP. Half the events like ?Run a script at frame load? only works when the game is loading. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have tested this many times with the same results.

B-Ability to access the sound buffers from code.

C-There is a ton more but I am too frustrated to mention, I have to make a lot of sacrifices and work around in my games to accommodate AM poor scripting language.

2-Flash Player

A-Hook the Shockwave flash player right click and stop the message to the context menu. (Neobook did it)

3-Hotspots (LAME)

A-Boxes, Boxes, Boxes? What are the hotspots Picture boxes? How about Paths?

B-Grab boxes to resize and move the hotspots.

C-In frame design mode show information inside hotspots to show what frame the hotspot is pointing to if it links.

D-MOUSE ENTER, MOUSE OUT, MOUSE OVER, and other events. ?Click?

3-Drawing System

I would like to be able to draw directly to the frame in code or images with out putting them in hotspots. To change things in my environment without having switch frames all the time.

6- An actual run testing environment which has onscreen information about variables hotspots and their links. I would rather have a testing interface than to play the game with a message box to show all my variables and if I have to go to another frame choose from a menu that drops a hundred different items for those hundred different frames.

5-Final

Don?t get me wrong I like Adventure Maker. a lot of work has gone into it. It just that Adventure Maker needs a new Version not an upgrade. Which means it needs to be totally revamped from the ground up or at least made more powerful.

Adventure Maker has no competition, really it stands in the for-front of Point-and-click development for the masses.

It just does not by far do all the things I think it should for $199- or $130.

Oh, Yea, More than one depth on the folder treeview. Allow us to control how deep the treenodes go.

It seems as if maybe I was wrong about stuff getting better?

If I ~did I just say that~ off anyone I appologize. I am just hoping that Adventure Maker will evolve to make Adventure Games Not Graphical Interactive Fiction
stuffs getting better, stuffs getting better everyday.
tribalxdude

Postby smac96 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:42 am

Absolutely: Export games to DVD Video. No doubt about it! This feature would be AMAZING!

(Another suggestion: games compatible with Macintosh)
smac96

Next

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion