Installing on hard drive?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Installing on hard drive?

Postby Sinke » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:10 pm

Good evening!

I am very happy to find a freeware edition of game maker program such as AMaker with so many options and "gadgets".

As I understand, AMaker is also useful for making presentations.

Working as an artist in a theatre group, I am interested in using AMaker for making of an interactive cd-rom presenting our work.

My question is:
As I understand, in full edition, we can produce independant exe files which don't need installed version of AMaker on computer. That is great, but is it possible to make a cd with interactive cd-production which doesn't need installing on user's hard drive? That you just click an icon in the cd folder which runs the program?

Also, is it possible to make optional installs and saves through clicked hotspot? For example, if user wants to save a file on hard disk from cd, is it possible that this is done through AMaker-made presentation?

In other words, is it possible to make "demo cd" of some sort using AMaker? I ask this because I am interested in buying full version.

I am sorry if this question was asked before, or explained somewhere else, I checked a lot of areas on this site.
Sinke

Postby Candle » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:23 pm

Some of what you ask is on the wish list and will be done sometime.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Sinke » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:12 am

Ok, but can you be more specific? Is it possible to make a presentation cd without installing on hard disk? This is not a wish list, I just want to know is it possible with current version.

I understand the presentation itself would be fantastic, but as far as installing is done I don't know.

I was thinking about installing "game" on my hard drive and copy installed files on cd. Would it work that way, or would I have to modify some sort of configuration file?

Thank you very much!
Sinke

Postby GM-Support » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi Sinke,

Is it possible to make a presentation cd without installing on hard disk?

It is not supposed to be possible. However, you can do what you suggested ("I was thinking about installing "game" on my hard drive and copy installed files on cd"). It will work fine provided that the user has installed at least one software created with Adventure Maker (or Adventure Maker itself) so that the system files are installed on his/her computer.

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Hi Sinke.
In your place I'd make a Powerpoint-presentation with Flash embedded, or even a 100% flash-presentation, but of course it's not as much fun as working with AM :D
LindaCat

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion