PopUp-BOXES with frame-pictures for SAVE and LOAD.

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

PopUp-BOXES with frame-pictures for SAVE and LOAD.

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:07 pm

I would like to be able to save and load from a display of thumbnails. Reading VBScript till my head is spinning, I think saving must be a combination of CaptureFrame (of last visited frame), - something to recognize that particular frame, in the current state, and SaveAPicture (size?) in an ImageBox /Popup-window, with the current date/time, - instead of making up a name for the saved game. How load works, except in reverse, - I have no idea!

Is there a nice, neat VBScript I can copy into my game to achieve this? :?
LindaCat

Postby Candle » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:35 pm

Far as I know you can't but you may want to wait till GM or Shadow looks at the post.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:08 pm

OK, thanks! I'm an optimist, even if I'm not very patient. :)
LindaCat

Postby GM-Support » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi,

It is possible to create your own load/save screens with thumbnails. The only annoying thing is that you will need to save the state of every variable, and to add the items to the inventory when loading a game. But if you don't need to store global variables and if you have few inventory items, it can be doable.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:59 pm

All in all I have some 35-40 items, and variables attatched to a great many hotspots, - so I guess this is not very likely to happen. (Perhaps by the time I get started on my next game in February someone like ShadowHunter has written a tailor made plugin... :P )
LindaCat

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion