Inventory what's sort of pic?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Inventory what's sort of pic?

Postby Roland1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,
I try to change inventory picture, but I can't. I have been able to change the resolution, my project resolution is 1204/768, but I would like to change the pic too... When I try to do that (for exemple copy past my new pic in Woodf_background.bmp the number of color decrease...and the result is very bad. How to increase the number of color of pic inventory?

Thx for your help
Roland1958

Postby Imari » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Unless something's changed, a color inventory icon must be an ICO file, 32 x 32 is the default size.

If you're talking about color depth, then that needs to be changed on your monitor. To change that, right click your desktop, choose Properties > Settings > Color Quality.

Hope this helps.
Imari
VIP

Postby Mystery » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 pm

I think Roland is talking about the inventory background picture that is called Wood_Background.bmp, and is part of AM as background.

I'm not sure what kind of picture you have tried to add. But if you look at the wood background picture, its a bitmap image with the size 640x178 pixel.
It might be that if you change the resolution, you even need a bigger width. I would suggest you to try it out with different sizes, and be sure that you add a picture with good quality.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Roland1958 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi,
Yes I was talking about inventory background. After I have tried diffrent stuffs in photoshop I have been able to change the pic by another. But the problem is the number of color... There a big diffrence between the original and the result, the quality is bad. the file wood background is strange, it s a bmp file, but the number of color is very limited.

Is anyone has a solution?

Thx
Roland1958

Postby Imari » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:40 pm

I just looked at Wood_Background.bmp. The pixellation is inherent to that specific bitmap.

I quickly remade the background graphic in three sizes for you to try. Saved as 24bit RPG JPGs at 72 DPI and with 12% compression. Please let us know which ones, if any, work.

http://www.RealmsForge.com/WoodBacks.zip
Imari
VIP

Postby Roland1958 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:52 am

Thx Imari for your help.

Your bmp picture works.
In fact I thought AM only accept special bmp file : the default file wood_background in wich there is a short number of color. I realize AM can accept any sort of bmp file. An your background picture looks fine :)

Thx
Roland1958

Postby Roland1958 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 am

Thx Imari for your help.

Your bmp picture works.
In fact I thought AM only accept special bmp file : the default file wood_background in wich there is a short number of color. I realize AM can accept any sort of bmp file. An your background picture looks fine :)

Thx
Roland1958

Postby Imari » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Glad it worked Roland1958.

Question: Your project resolution is 1204/768. Which size background did you find worked the best?
Imari
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion