Realistic butterfly in my room.

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Realistic butterfly in my room.

Postby Aiden » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:18 am

I want to create room with butterfly. How can i do this? Or where i can see method of creating this stuff?
Aiden

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Are you talking about a 3D butterfly?

Well, if you are skilled enough, you can make one on your own by using a 3D software.

If you can't do it by yourself, look out for a free or cheap model that you can use.

E.g. here:
http://www.turbosquid.com
Enter "butterfly" into the search box, and let it sort with the low prizes first. There are some free ones, and also some cheap models. Choose the file type that you can use.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Aiden » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Mystery wrote:Are you talking about a 3D butterfly?

Well, if you are skilled enough, you can make one on your own by using a 3D software.

If you can't do it by yourself, look out for a free or cheap model that you can use.

E.g. here:
http://www.turbosquid.com
Enter "butterfly" into the search box, and let it sort with the low prizes first. There are some free ones, and also some cheap models. Choose the file type that you can use.

Sorry Mystery, I was incorrectly expressed. I meant if i have 3D butterfly model how can i animate and include this in game? Or where can i read about import of animated object?
Aiden

Postby Candle » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:28 pm

it would have to be a animated gif or maybe an AVI video
3D models won't work in AM.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:01 pm

Sorry, I really misunderstood your question.

I agree with Candle.
The animated gif would be good if the butterfly was just "standing" somewhere and only moving its wings.
However if you want your butterfly to fly around on the screen, I would suggest you to create a flash file (use the flash plugin of AM to play it) or a video.
Here is a useful thread about playing video in your game if you want to use VBScript:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1405

And pay attention that you copy the media files into the external folder (at least I know that it is necessary for .exe files).
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion