AM 4.4.0 - when?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM 4.4.0 - when?

Postby Bzyk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:08 pm

GM, could you tell us, how's your work on new version? When we'll see it? I can't wait for it, because AFAIK it will be very good edition!
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby GM-Support » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi,

The games created with the Beta1 did not work on an actual iPhone/iPod touch: when you clicked on a hotspot nothing happened.

I spent a lot of time trying to fix it and I finally found a solution the day before yesterday.

I will post an update as soon as possible.

By the way, out of curiosity, can you tell me which feature of AM 4.4.0 are you more interested about?

Thanks,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bzyk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 pm

I'm very happy with new right-click possibilities. That is what I'm looking for!
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby Bzyk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:54 pm

BTW, I can't fully understand, how to place an icon with options to the right part of inventory. I want completely hide the upper menu, and make an alternative way to exit game. Colud you help me with this?
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby Bzyk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm

OK, I got it! :D But there is another question. How can I change this icon? :P

And the second one - this possibility is fine, but... I have my own menu and intro in this game. I don't want the right-click inventory during the menu and intro, because it destroys all the effect. Is there any VB script, which can hide right-click inventory in chosen frames?
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby GM-Support » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:55 am

Bzyk wrote:How can I change this icon? :P

This is now possible with the Beta2, which has just been released (link). :)

Bzyk wrote:I have my own menu and intro in this game. I don't want the right-click inventory during the menu and intro, because it destroys all the effect. Is there any VB script, which can hide right-click inventory in chosen frames?

You have two options:
- NOT use the "right-click displays inventory with access to the menus" option, and, instead, use the new feature included in AM 4.4 beta2 that allows you to execute some VBScript code instead of displaying the menu (see the "Advanced" tab of the Project Properties).
- or, you can use the "right-click displays inventory with access to the menus" option, but in that case it is currently not easy to disable the inventory while you are in the menu frame (maybe you can disable it with some VBScript code, like "InventoryCanvasObject.Visible=False", but I have not tested it).

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bzyk » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:02 am

Great! First option is wonderful! I used VB command Action.GoToFrame "exit". Then I created a new frame named "exit" with exit question (answers: yes/no). Everything works perfectly! :)

Many thanks, GM!!!
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion