Updated the help document

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Updated the help document

Postby GM-Support » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi,

As Adventure Maker v4.4.0 is getting closer and closer, I have updated the online Help Document.

You can view it at the following URL:

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/

In particular, I added a page dedicated to the creation of games of iPhone / iPod touch, I updated the "Known bugs and limitations" page, I made a few fixes in many pages, and I also added the following questions and aswers:

1. Is there a full version for testing? Is there a trial to evaluate the Full Edition?
  2. What is the difference between "for commercial use" and "for non-commercial use"?
  3. How to run or display a frame for a very short time only, like 10 seconds for example?
  4. How to make it so that when the player reloads a saved game, the frame displayed is like a portal that the player must enter that will return the player to their last position in the game. I have different music tracks in different areas of the game and would use this 'jumping in' point to load the appropriate music based on a global variable that constantly monitors the region of the game that the player is in within the game.
  5. Can I make some areas in 1st person and some other areas in 3rd person?
  6. Can I distribute a main game and then add expansion packs to it?
  7. I got the following message: "Failed to load control 'Gif89a' from Gif89.dll." Where can I get the mentioned file?
  8. At full screen, I get a black line between the frames (during slide transitions).
  9. When a friend plays our game on her computer, all the hotspots have moved slightly.
  10. I get this error: "Cannot call this method while the script is executing".
  11. Sometimes the LoadGame and SaveGame features don't work very well in panoramic games.
  12. Is AVI a particular format or is it the product of a particular program?
  13. In the dialogue wizard, how to make it so that the message won't disappear until you click on it?
  14. How to go to another frame only after the player has clicked 5 times on a hotspot?
  15. How to play sounds and/or videos from within VBScript?

By the way, I took a couple answers from the forums, so thank you very much for your help.

I didn't have the time to look into every forum topic though, so if you have any suggestions, or if you think that some particular topics should be included in the Help Document, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks a lot,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion