Water effect problem

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Water effect problem

Postby Sinke » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:06 am

Greetings!

I wish to make a water FX effect in the left bottom corner of the frame. However, when I start the process, the program doesn't show the required area in the frame for water FX area.

This is the original frame.....

And this is the frame offered in Water FX step 1:

I wish to make the starship's engines covered with this FX. However, because of this problem, the far left engines are without this effect adn the frame doesn't seem right.

Can you help me?
Sinke

Postby GM-Support » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:44 am

Hi,

This happens if the "frame size" (i.e. the resolution of your game, which you can set under the Options tab of the Project Properties) is same or greater than the resolution of your screen (i.e. the screen size that you can change under the "Display" properties of the Windows Control Panel).

Temporarily increasing the screen resolution (if possible) will certainly solve the problem.

Alternatively, you can try to create a rectangle that starts from the visible part of the engine and continues across the edge of the window (just keep the button pressed and drag outside the window). I am not sure if this will work though :?. But the screen resolution solution will certainly work.

P.S. If you are curious to know the technical reason behind the problem: it is due to the fact that Windows is unable to resize a window to a size that is larger than the size of the screen. Therefore, if you are in the conditions described above, you cannot display both the text on the left (which guides you through the 3 steps) and the whole image, because they cannot fit in the same window.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Sinke » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks for a quick reply.

Since I can't increase the resolution in my control panel without slowdowns, and pressing the mouse button didn't expose the required area, this didn't solve the problem.

I solved it by putting the picture in Paint, changing it to 800X600 and importing it again.

In any case, it would be nice that next update would have the "pressing button" feature. As I understand, now the game won't run in higher resolution since my computer can't support it ( altough the program can ).

As for now, this is solved-thank you :)
Sinke

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion