Creating Voice Overs

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Creating Voice Overs

Postby Futurecast » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi there. I am new...

This really is pretty good software. However I have a problem I'm trying to create some voice overs for my dialogue. The problem is when I have a "question" I cannot make it stay on the screen long enough for the voice over to play.

E.G.
The question "Hello mister Tom" appears for about half a second after it is clicked but the audio plays for around three seconds and spills onto the next line of dialogue.

I really have wracked my brains with this. Is there not any way at all to control the amount of time a question stays on the screen for?

Would really appreciate any help, if possible.
Futurecast

Postby Futurecast » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 pm

Just to elaborate, the current way it works is thus:

Frame A contains one line of clickable dialogue,
Clicking on this dialogue activates both Hotspot 1 and Hotspot 2. Hotspot 2 is the audio.

Hotspot 1 cuts to Frame B so we can see the reaction of the other character.

Just like in a TV show where we cut over the shoulder from one actor to another. The problem is that I can't seem to time WHEN the cut takes place. So what we have is the cut THEN the audio. I want to delay the cut till the audio is played.
Futurecast

Postby Mystery » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi Futurecast, welcome to the forums :)

You might be able to solve your problem by creating timed events.
For further reference and examples, please visit this page:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbsc ... erence.htm
and scroll down to "CreateTimedEvent".

Hope this helps :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:27 pm

You might like EZTalk for this.

EZTalk is a free plug-in for AdventureMaker that works transparently behind the AM dialog engine and allows you to easily create intelligent spoken dialogs and launch audio files with only a few lines of code.

By intelligent I mean that EZTalk is able to link questions and answers automatically for maximum flexibility. It also features delay functions, independent volume and balance controls, looping, dialog skipping/breaking and events to interact with AdventureMaker.

You have a total of 5 audio channels at your disposal to create the most realistic AM game ever. Two of those channels are specially designed for dialogs purposes and the other 3 for general purpose like background sounds launched by script (for puzzles, outdoor, games, random, etc...).

http://www.adventuremaker.com/plugins.htm
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion