Character Portrait Selection

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Character Portrait Selection

Postby Merrie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 pm

On the first screen of my game the player will be able to select a character portrait from a series, lets say 10. So if they click on female they can choose from 10 different female pictures, if they pick male, the same.

This would be in one 'box' in the upper left hand corner of the screen, so they could scroll through the pictures to select one.

Now when they choose a picture (A save hotspot?) I would like the picture to be saved when they save the game and also be static (carry over on all frames)

You can see a screenshot in the artwork section, labeled Trillis

If so, could I get some ideas of how to go about this? Thank you!
Merrie

Postby drdna » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:39 am

Hmmm, this might be a little clumsey but it should work with a little tweaking. Here's how I would do it....

I would first assign a variable to each pic. Pic1, pic2, pic3, etc. Then create one more variable, lets call it "currentpic". As your players scroll through the pics, make the associated variable active through scripting. Create a button, lets call it "savepic" and have it execute some code to write the active variable to the "currentpic" variable so it will always remain even if you scroll through the pics again.

Create a blank page and have it display the pic associated with the currentpic variable where you want it.

Use runtime frames merging on all the other frames.

Now, you scroll through the pics, select one, click a button to save it, and it appears on all pages where you want it.
drdna

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion