General questions of unexperienced new users

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

General questions of unexperienced new users

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 am

Hi all,

I've heard that some new unexperienced users feel that the existing help files don't cover all their basic questions. The help files have been written in order to cover a broad field, and they provide a big amount of information for beginners and advanced users. But it is clear that the background knowledge of users is very different, and some areas might need more explanation for certain users.

Therefore, I would like to ask new users what basic information they are missing, or for which topics they need a more detailed explanation.
I ask this, because I'm planning to work on the Adventure Maker Wiki, and I would try to include there such information.
Please feel free to post here general questions, and I will try to include answers to them into my updates.

I might contact more experienced users of this forum if there is something that I don't know, and I hope that you will give me the support that I need. Thank you very much in advance :)

Mystery
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby alala777 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 am

Great initiative Mystery!
Bob was here.
alala777

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:37 pm

That's a great idea! :D

It'll really help get new people involved! If you need any help writing the scripting segments of this wiki please let me know... I'd be only too glad to help!
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:38 pm

Thank you very much for your offer Chromegloss55 :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Cat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:00 am

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a frame that's animated. (Where the animation works.)
Cat

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:26 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, can you eloborate?

There is not such thing as an 'animated frame'.The frame can have animated components such as GIF or Looping Videos, but the frame itself is static. (At least I think...)
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

You're right

Postby Harvester » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:21 am

You're right, I guess if you want a fully animated frame you should draw a hotspot (on a static frame) as large as the frame and make it an animated one.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Cat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 am

Okay... I thought I could just import an animation the same way I do an image. (By frame I just mean, one of the pictures in the game.) I'll try that hotspot thing. Thanks!
Cat

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion