how can i do a psp version of my windows game?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

how can i do a psp version of my windows game?

Postby dreamfighter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Hello everybody, sorry if someone already ask for the same thing, but i searched on the forum and i don't found posts. i finished a little game for windows format and i would like to do a psp version of this game, how can i do and is it possible?
thank you
dreamfighter

Postby GM-Support » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi dreamfighter,

Here is a way to convert your game:

1) Create a backup of your project.

2) Use the tool "Batch picture resizer" that is included in the Adventure Maker package to resize your game pictures from 640x480 (or whatever their resolution is) to 480x272, which is the resolution of the PSP screen. You will find the pictures by navigating with Explorer into the "Frames" subfolder of the project folder.

3) Use Explorer to manually replace the pictures with the resized ones.

4) Open your project with Adventure Maker, and DO NOT CHANGE THE "target platform" YET. You will do this later (step 6). Instead, open each frame and move the hotspots so that they have the correct position in the smaller image.

5) If your game uses scripting or plugins, verify that it still works when scripting and plugins are disabled (because the PSP does not support them). To do so, just click the button "Create package for distribution (no VBS/Plugins)" from the AM menu and then launch the compiled file (.AM1) to see if the game still works fine.

6) Now go to the Project Properties and set the "Target Platform" to "PSP".

7) Click the button "Compile for the PSP" from the AM menu, choose the output folder, and you are done!

By the way, when you have converted your game to PSP, it is then super-easy to convert it to the iPhone/iPodtouch (landscape mode) as well, because they have an almost identical screen size (480x268). You don't need to do any other steps. Just choose "iPhone/iPod touch (landscape)" from the Project Properties and you are done!

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby dreamfighter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 pm

Thank you very much for your reply GM support
dreamfighter

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion