Some suggestions

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Some suggestions

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:57 pm

I would like to make some suggestions/questions (I 'm not asking for anything, but I think you would like me to provide feedback)

Well, I 'm not expirienced in 3d programming, but since there is OpenGL support in VB, could there be pseudo 3d support in AM, other than just panoramas (I mean moving freely in the environment)? If yes, would it be difficult to create a plugin to enable it?

As for hotspots, Could they be freely designed, rather than size-changing obolong squares? That would make the whole thing easier and have much better results.

Another thing I would like to mention is the 3d person plugin... I think it needs a little configuring, in order to enable obstacles detour, something which we need to do manually at the time being (watch this topic: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3597&highlight=)

That's it for now, thanks for your time in advance...
Last edited by Lyberodoggy on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Lyberodoggy,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

As you probably guess, implementing realtime 3D (where you can move anywhere just like in a FPS) and implementing the corresponding editor requires a great amount of work.

Non-rectangular hotspots is a much wanted feature, and I really hope it will appear in future updates, though it requires revamping the editor and the runtime system for displaying hotspots, looping videos, etc.

Obstacles detour in the 3rd person plugin is also a much wanted feature, and is easier to implement than the two other features.

Thanks again,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Nagania » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:07 am

hotspots other than square would just be my MOST wanted feature right now...............
i am DYING to see it in the future! :D
Nagania Games is beginning its first game. The post on the forums will be up soon!
Nagania

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Hotspots without a square could be achieved if somebody could:

Create a system where you create a polygonal shape (to represent a hotspot).

Get the computer to recognize that every pixel within that shape makes the same events happen.

Sadly, that seems a long way off, but surely you could find a way to create circular hotspots?

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion