Smoke effects..?? Lots of questions..

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Smoke effects..?? Lots of questions..

Postby mercedes » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:14 am

Smoke effects....Where are they...? where to you find this function..? LOL I must be blind..

Also, what is the function to "create new blank frame" for ?

How can you make the animated GIF's work..<< This i have asked a few times..I end up using water effects instead..easy too..but would like to know..:(

Set resume Locations-

Run times frame merging...This too please..:) I know what it means to have the frames merge together ..but why..like is it not enough that the frame before it or after it is set to go there anyways..

This is the biggy...why the Timer function..I had a good idea to use this function and it rendered useless...frame transitions..This is till unsolved..:(

Also wanted to know if with the free version can you use text boxes..or number pads..where numbers move up and down or light up....so a player can enter passwords..or a number sequence...

I would like to try these functions but havent....
Examples would be great if perhaps someone had the time..

I know theyre aren't many ppl on this site....

I've asked these questions before...so i hope this gets answered..at some point.. :cry:

Why is there noone here..how long has this product been out... I assumed many years but obvioulsy not...hm..

Lot's of questions...lol..You would have to be bored to answer this one.......... aww....i would answer me.. :shock:

I have searched info on this..but nada..I find same questions..when i search.. :lol:<< this smilie is ridiculous.....funny..I laugh everytime i see it..

T.I.A.

~*Mercedes*~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:12 am

The smoke effect provided by AM is the same as the rippling water... Just adjust it so it seems like smoke...

Create new blank frame is something that helps when you just want a single color frame, black for example. It's very useful when creating credits etc...

Runtime frames merging means you can create some hotspots on a frame or some text and then have it displayed in many other frames without designing them again.

Set Resume locations is used (I think) to make the player go back to a frame when he... loses? Don't really know, never used it...

If you write more about the problem with the timer we may be able to help you

I know theyre aren't many ppl on this site....

You are definitely wrong there are lots of nice people here willing to help.
I haven't seen another post of yours and I definitely wouldn't skip an ask for help...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:35 am

Oh thank you for response..!

You are definitely wrong there are lots of nice people here willing to help.

I didn't mean that as an insult..I thought I put enough smilies in that post to say otherwise..lol...and yes the ppl that have helped me when I did get some..we're great..! awesome..

I'm still a bit confused with blank frame one..when i hit that link all i get is a colored box..(the box that has colours in it) where do i get the frame..? other than when i import i go through my pictures....I guess I'm just not sure how to use it..

As for the one i asked for help on...You can look at it if you like..I was stuck on that for 5 days so i just let it go..:( There was a response however, but between me not being able to describe properly......it sort of got lost in translation. The poster who posted was trying really hard to be helpful..but by then I just wanted to move on..:D..

Any input on the text boxes..? or buttons changing colour..number pad..does this all fall under same category..? Not sure if you can do all of the above with free version..same with animated pics..hmm

Ok well,

Thanks very much for your reply..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Von Knudenberg » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:04 am

Mercedes,

Those colors are for choosing your frame color. As example: If you want to do some black in/out fade effect you can make blank frame and choose black color. Make it to change after certain amount of time. And there you have black frame which fades to another frame or frame which fades to black etc...

I'm still making that scene for you. I think I know what you wanted to do and also that it is possible. There is just some minor problem what I couldn't explain clearly enough, so therefore I think it would be better to make it than trying to explain it over and over again...

-Pete
Von Knudenberg

Postby mercedes » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:13 am

ok..i get that....im just not sure where to get "blank frame"..like when i choose import frame..i have to pick from my pictures..or something from my pc...are u saying..write over one..paint it black..an existing picture ?

cause other than that is all i can think of..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Von Knudenberg » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:24 am

You just create that blank frame, or frames and use it like any other frames. There is no difference other than it is blank. It is just easier and faster to add blank frame straight from AM itself than make it with programs like Paint, Photoshop etc... You can check out some examples if you want. My short demo in game contest topic starts with blank frames. There you could see how those can be used.

-Pete
Von Knudenberg

Postby GM-Support » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:34 pm

mercedes wrote:I'm still a bit confused with blank frame one..when i hit that link all i get is a colored box..(the box that has colours in it) where do i get the frame..?

After you click "Create blank frame" and the colored box appears, you must click OK. Then, you get a box that allows you to choose the name that you want to give to your frame. Click OK again to get the frame.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:29 am

ohhhhhhhhh...i see ok...so u say hit ok and a frame comes up...i was wondering..lol..

thank you..so i dont have to draw over an existing picture..cause i was gonna say..not really a blank frame.. :lol:

thanks..!

feel kinda silly now cause i didn't see "OK" on the box..
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion