A Runtime Frames Merging Suggestion

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A Runtime Frames Merging Suggestion

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:45 pm

I suppose I am neither the first nor the last that has thought of this one, but since there's no other post, I 've got no option but to express it.

I recently designed an hp bar system (posted in Post your own tutrorials), which should make games created with AM more interesting (I maybe use it in some project). Then I came up with the suspicion that it wouldn't work with another innovative feature of AM, which of course is pseudo 3d panoramas (both cylindric and cubic). Sadly I experimented and my suspicions came true. The Merged frame stays still on the cube's first surface (cubic panorama), instead of locking on the camera. If there's no way to do so, then it would just be a very wanted feature in an update in the future...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:04 am

Hi Lyberodoggy,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Displaying a non-directX object in front of a directX scene is not simple.

The Runtime Frames Merging should work fine with the 3rd person plugin though.

Thanks again,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:13 am

Okay GM thanks for the reply
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Pretty good...

But for those kind of HP bars it's easiar just to make an image of a bar and then resize it depending on the variable value.

It's in an upcoming VB Techniques technique...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Chromegloss55 wrote:Pretty good...

But for those kind of HP bars it's easiar just to make an image of a bar and then resize it depending on the variable value.

It's in an upcoming VB Techniques technique...

Yep, that's what I did too... But the image stays still on the rendered one..
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Ah... well. I have no solutions then. (I never thought I'd say those horrible words).
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Hehe.. don't mind. As soon as I finish studying C#, I 'll start studying OpenGL or Direct3D, so I may be able to throw some ideas about rendering a static image over a dynamic... But till then we will have to wait.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:12 pm

C#. Dammit, I've found my match. I'd say you're probably the most proficient programmer on the site. I may have experience, but I'm very broad with games, animation, music post-production, editorial writing and voicework being my main areas.

I'm familiar with Visual Basic and Visual C and XML, but C# is difficult enough. Good luck with that...
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Chromegloss55 wrote:I'd say you're probably the most proficient programmer on the site.

Thanks for that but don't underestimate GM-Support and ShadowHunter (and lots more). They are some of the best programmers I 've ever seen.
Anyway Visual C isn't that different from C# or C++ or Java. They are just designed to do different things.

Still learning, as I always will...
A junior programmer :P
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion