New update AM v4.5.2 with improved stability and reliability

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New update AM v4.5.2 with improved stability and reliability

Postby GM-Support » Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello,

AM 4.5.2 is available for download from the following URL (16MB):

http://www.adventuremaker.com/files/am452.exe

I usually don't release new updates only a few days after the previous one, but this time I had to, because AM 4.5.1 contained some critical bugs. In particular, the PSP compilation engine was totally broken. Anyway, I took the opportunity to also fix other bugs.

Here is the list of changes between AM 4.5.1 and AM 4.5.2:

• fixed the PSP engine (got completely broken in v4.5.1)
  • NEW FEATURE: possibility to stop the game when there is a VBScript error. This prevents having an infinite loop of error messages (such as when the GIF Sequencer plugin cannot find a file). You no longer need to kill the Adventure Maker process to close the game. c.f. screenshot1
  • Improved the cylindrical panorama plugin compatibility (see other thread) (Please test it to make sure it works fine)
  • Added documentation for the following VBScript functions which were previously undocumented:
    Action.DDir
    Action.GetNumberOfFrames
    Action.GetProjectName
    Action.GetProjectTitle
    Action.HideMenu
    Action.IsRunningFromEditor
    Action.ShowMenu
    Action.SimulateHotspotClick
  • fixed the graphical bug of the Plugins tab of the Hotspot Properties window (c.f. screenshot2)
  • fixed the bug that caused an error message in the Project Properties when using an encrypted plugin.
  • fixed the following bug: when saving a game that had an Integer variable equal to "-1" and resuming the saved game, the value became equal to "1" instead of "-1".
  • by default, the extension of the audio and video files are not encrypted when compiling a game. This allows having maximum compatibility, especially with Vista. If you still want to encrypt the file extensions anyway, an option is available under the "Security" tab of the Compilation Options (c.f. screenshot 3). Note that the extensions of the pictures are always encrypted, regardless of whether you select the option or not.
  • fixed some glitches in the Help Document

Regards,
GM-Support
Attachments
AM_452_screenshot1.png
AM v4.5.2 - screenshot 1
AM_452_screenshot1.png (16.47 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
AM_452_screenshot2.png
AM v4.5.2 - screenshot 2
AM_452_screenshot2.png (41.95 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
AM_452_screenshot3.png
AM v4.5.2 - screenshot 3
AM_452_screenshot3.png (41.11 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
Last edited by GM-Support on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby JMC002 Neil » Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Very nice. :D
JMC002 Neil D.
Peace through Superior Firepower
JMC002 Neil

Postby Mystery » Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks GM! :D

(Hehe, just started to use 4.5.1 two days ago, but now I did a quick version change :))
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Thu May 15, 2008 1:39 am

Wow really glad i seen this before downloading other version..LOL..by the way..is an update right..not near as long a download..?

Also..does updateing affect any projects.. ones that are in the making of..?

by default, the extension of the audio and video files are not encrypted when compiling a game. This allows having maximum compatibility, especially with Vista. If you still want to encrypt the file extensions anyway, an option is available under the "Security" tab of the Compilation Options (c.f. screenshot 3). Note that the extensions of the pictures are always encrypted, regardless of whether you select the option or not.

I had someone try to download my game and recieved an error I/O error 32...i beleive it was called..is that what this is about..? It involves when someone has an encryption software on their pc or something to this effect and the game fails to load..because of file encryption..I think they had Vista too..which is why I ask..

And if this is the fix...will this fix previous projects made with 4.4

many thanks..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Thu May 15, 2008 1:46 am

Well, it's sort of a fixed version.
Download it, unlock the full version as you have done before. You can just copy-paste the project (game) folders into the Projects folder of this new version (and just to be sure, check them before you uninstall any older versions).

(I can't tell if that I/O error message won't appear for that player - he has always had problems with AM games, I haven't figured out yet why exactly :( If I remember correctly from earlier discussions with him, this player has a Japanese Windows.)
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Thu May 15, 2008 1:55 am

(and just to be sure, check them before you uninstall any older versions).

I'm not sure what you mean by that.. :oops: do u mean uninstall my games..? ..cause if you mean AM I was under the impression that you didn't have to uninstall..

Oh and he has problems with only AM..oh ok..thought maybe it was all downloadables...good enough..:)

Hey..and about japanese windows..yes thats a pain....but the other one...may have fixed that one..not sure about AM1's though..but i know .exe now can play..yay..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Thu May 15, 2008 2:03 am

No, you don't need to uninstall your games of course.

You can also keep earlier versions of AM on your computer, it's not a problem.
(I just had already 6 or 7 different versions of AM from when I started to work with it, so I have uninstalled some old versions ;) But it's not necessary, it's optional - you don't need to worry about it for now.)
Mystery

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 am

Nice! New Update!

Going to check right now. Thanks GM!

WOW! That Action.SimulateHotspotClick is something I was looking for so long!!! Could help make a hybrid point 'n' click/parser game...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Imari » Thu May 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks for continually improving and refining AM!.
Imari
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion