RESIZING..-Frames

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

RESIZING..-Frames

Postby mercedes » Thu May 15, 2008 2:08 am

Is there a way to resize a frame after you have it in your project..usually am asks you if you want to resize a frame to fit resolution..but some got by me..and now they scroll..I don't like that..I've looked..but can't find it..only in the Project properties..and its set already..this one I must have pressed 'skip" maybe..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Thu May 15, 2008 2:14 am

Hmmm, if you still have the images on your pc, and haven't worked on the project yet (like adding hotspots etc.), I would just delete the frames in AM, make sure the size is correctly set in the Project Settings, and import them again.

I don't think the frame sizes can be adjusted after they are imported, but I could be wrong of course... I didn't have this problem yet.
So maybe - especially if you have already started to work on it - you wait for someone else to post :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 am

Is this ever weird..i can't get rid of the scroll bars in the frames ..when editing..driving me crazy..ive tried deleting it and reentering it..its adjusted but for some reason..some have scroll bars..wierd.and It would bother me so much if i wasn't using them in transition..but when they go from one to thenext..there identical..theyre supposed to be..and one goes off to the side..and the other as opposed to it being a smooth transition..

do u know what i mean..?

*EDIT*

I fixed this...thanks..!
mercedes
VIP

Postby GM-Support » Thu May 15, 2008 3:56 am

You can resize the already imported pictures using a separate tool that is included in the Adventure Maker package. It is called "Batch Picture Resizer and Converter" and you will find it in the Start Menu -> All Programs -> Adventure Maker -> Tools -> Batch Picture Resizer and Converter. Just launch it and then select the pictures that are located inside the "Frames" subfolder of your project folder.

Alternatively, you can delete the frame and re-import it, as Mystery said. But in that case, make sure to also delete the picture file from the "Manage Resources" window, otherwise you won't be asked for resizing, because Adventure Maker will create the frame from the picture already imported.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Fri May 23, 2008 8:16 am

I hope someone can answer this...:)

I tried the "Batch and Resize"..under the Tools menu..

The thing is, I still have to re import them back into project..which is what I was trying to avoid..They get saved in an OUTPUT folder..so you have to import them again..

Does it make a difference if the frames are a touch bigger, in RUNTIME.. for the player..?

When i choose to "Run" project..I don't see a difference..it plays fine for me..but sometimes what i see and what player sees are different..

.For example I made a custom main menu..I only hope that the EXIT button works..to get out of game..eek..For me it just goes back to the project..I followed instructions precicely..but..hard to tell..on this side..

By the way..Just a note..

The "Batch and Resize" doesn't work for "blank" frames that you pick in AdventureMaker project..

I have created 6 blank frames and the " resizer" didn't give me the option to resize them..?..They weren't in the OPEN dialogue box..when u get to choose frames..

When you choose to create a blank frame..during the project..The option doesn't come up to "Size" to fit project..again I don't see difference when I run it...Just wondering if Player will..

Again many thanks for any replies.!~~.:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion