Number Pad 1-9

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Number Pad 1-9

Postby mercedes » Mon May 19, 2008 7:11 am

How do i make a number pad go from 1-9 in ONE hotspot..One long box that has place for 1-9 in 5 places....?

wondering if i'm on the right track ..~ And if this can be done the same way as tutorial..like the exact same way..but in place of where it says color I would put number or ?

I am using jpg's as images 1-9

trying to get the user to have to make the code ..say 1 2 5 6 8 but on the same code box..

Any ideas..?

Many thanks..I've looked for tutorials but can't find it..If there is one..I apologize..

I'll add attachments..
Attachments
Number_Pad.JPG
Number_Pad.JPG (13.23 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
Number_Pad_blank.JPG
Number_Pad_blank.JPG (10.54 KiB) Viewed 4226 times
Last edited by mercedes on Mon May 19, 2008 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:27 am

Use the same code we used with the colored boxes. Hopefully you won't have any trouble...

Try to create two arrows higher and lower the hotspot to cycle through colors and be able to go backwards. (for the backwards feature, just reverse the procedure.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 am

If i put arrows than I am making this differently then the color one..

Not sure what I would put in the arrow hotspots..and should they be right on the picture..or can i use cursors..up and down?

Also something tells me this would be different then the colour ones..iI'll try it..just do i put "number" in place of where it says "colour"..

I'll see if i can't find a tutorial closest to what im doing..so far haven't been able too..I'll see what I can do..

Thanks anyways..!~

I appreciate response..:)
Last edited by mercedes on Mon May 19, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 am

mercedes, just concentrate on what I 'm writing. Use the code given for the colors problem for one arrow (let's say the down-pointing one) and the exact opposite code for the other arrow (the upwards-pointing).
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 am

So how many arrows am i working with here..?...2 ..I'm not getting it..I was just going to put the codes given for colours..in the actual hotspots..no arrows..Will that not work ?..

Basically having..Digit_one through to Digit_nine variables..AND "myvariable" through to "myvariable5" Although i prefer the idea of arrows though....

I have no idea on what you mean by reversing code..?

I am just learning this part of AM Lyberdoggy..and although I catch on quickly to most things..I usally have to do something at least 3 times to have it permantly down.. :P then watch out..no jk..

so telling me to concentrate one what you are saying..doens't make me get it any quicker..lol..At least 3 times kid..Only my third game made with AM and my very first with full version.. :)

Don't worry ..I'm hoping I'll figure something out. :P

Thanks for response..!~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon May 19, 2008 12:32 pm

By reversing the code I mean rewritting it so that it does the same action but backwards.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 am

Ya I figured thats what reversing meant.. :wink: Im still trying to figure out how to write code forward... :lol:
I still don't think arrows will apply to this box I have though...would have to put them for each hotspot I would think..?

Many thanks..~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue May 20, 2008 8:30 am

yes, that's what I meant. Two arrows for each box.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion