The same frame but in another hour

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The same frame but in another hour

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi everybody! A new question: in Orvalho Negro there?s a part when the gamer will walk in some rooms in the morning. Then something happens and the gamer will walk in the same places but at night. I know it can be used in the Manage Resoucers but if i use the MR, the first frames (morning) is gonna be changed to night, and that?s not wat i want. Am i gonna have to created new copies of the frames and then use a image editor to change the photos to a night? Because is the same hotsposts, but is at night...
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Why not dupe the frames and use the Spotlight/Lantern effect plugin on the night frames.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Because i want to use the effects like moonlight in the windows. But i?m gonna try the spotlight pluguin :)

Candle wrote:Why not dupe the frames and use the Spotlight/Lantern effect plugin on the night frames.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 pm

It doesn?t worked... the panorama pluguin is not compatible with the spotlight pluguin...

:cry:
Dalton wrote:Because i want to use the effects like moonlight in the windows. But i?m gonna try the spotlight pluguin :)

Candle wrote:Why not dupe the frames and use the Spotlight/Lantern effect plugin on the night frames.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

What size is your game. (screen size)
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:25 pm

The total (because i?m doing in parts) is 340mb...

Candle wrote:What size is your game. (screen size)
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm

screen size
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Hmmm, I'm wondering if and how the screen background image can be changed with VBScript - this might be a solution if it's possible to do.
I couldn't figure it out :P
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm

The screen size is 800X600. :D

Mystery wrote:Hmmm, I'm wondering if and how the screen background image can be changed with VBScript - this might be a solution if it's possible to do.
I couldn't figure it out :P
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi there...

Depending on which image editor you use..I can change day to night in seconds in most of them ...just by adjusting the brightness..and a couple of other effects..
For moon and stars, the light effects that comes with AM in the tools menu works nicely..if i didn't feel like doing that..I would make what pictures I wanted separate..moon etc..Then save separatly..and just imbed them in duped frames..--Only this is more work for the most part..No matter what, I think you will have to remake hotspots over again..:( with variables..Hopefully you come up with something cool..if you do let me know..:D I've always have had to add frames if I wanted it to look real.. slowly changing from day to night..

Peace~
Adieux~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 pm

That?s the problem... because if i create a copy of the frame and then change it using the Manage Resoucers, the first is gonna change either and i just want to change the second copy... Is the same place but in a diferent hour.

mercedes wrote:Hi there...

Depending on which image editor you use..I can change day to night in seconds in most of them ...just by adjusting the brightness..and a couple of other effects..
For moon and stars, the light effects that comes with AM in the tools menu works nicely..if i didn't feel like doing that..I would make what pictures I wanted separate..moon etc..Then save separatly..and just imbed them in duped frames..--Only this is more work for the most part..No matter what, I think you will have to remake hotspots over again..:( with variables..Hopefully you come up with something cool..if you do let me know..:D I've always have had to add frames if I wanted it to look real.. slowly changing from day to night..

Peace~
Adieux~
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Oh.. i have made changes in one duped frame in AM and it not take effect with the other??..I take out all of the hotspots or add to it..I just did this yesterday..----Is this what you mean..? You may have to start over with it like take out hotspots and do it over again..hmm..

Or you can..do it outside of AM..copy and paste the frame[picture]..rename it and add it in..~ Manage Resourses will see this as a new frame.

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 am

But if i do outside of AM, i?m gonna have to config all the hotspots again...
It?s 47 frames...

[Or you can..do it outside of AM..copy and paste the frame[picture]..rename it and add it in..~ Manage Resourses will see this as a new frame.

Peace~[/quote]
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 am

Oh ..you want to do 47 frames at night..? I see..all of the same frames only now its night..ok..Then i think your only solution is making the backround separatly and imbed as a jpg or gif..cut and paste the upper part where you want it dark..save it..do what effects you want with it..and imbed each into the frame..I don't think anyway you want to do this..will be less time..:( At least this way you can keep hotspots..Keep in mind this is done rather quickly..:P This is just one way..
Attachments
TEST.JPG
I would imbed this ontop of the image in the frame..
TEST.JPG (15.94 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
Adventure game_2.JPG
This is the original..~
Adventure game_2.JPG (101.34 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
mercedes
VIP

Postby Dalton » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi.?Well i?m gonna tell you what i?m doing to resolve this. I created in the AM a copy of the frame, then i created a copy of the same frame but outside of the AM. This second copy i changed at night using a image editor and saved as jpeg. Then i created in the first copy a hotspot and in the hospot appearance i inserted the secong frame (nigth picture) and resized to fill all the old frame. Ok, it?s fine, it works but there?s a problem: how can i interact with the other hotspots of the frame? :(

mercedes wrote:Oh ..you want to do 47 frames at night..? I see..all of the same frames only now its night..ok..Then i think your only solution is making the backround separatly and imbed as a jpg or gif..cut and paste the upper part where you want it dark..save it..do what effects you want with it..and imbed each into the frame..I don't think anyway you want to do this..will be less time..:( At least this way you can keep hotspots..Keep in mind this is done rather quickly..:P This is just one way..
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:26 pm

I haven't watched this topic, but if you just want to have the same frame interaction with different background, create a frame with the morning background and all of its hotspots, then create a frame with the evening background and merge the morning with it.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:54 pm

Didn?t worked... i?m gonna change what i was thinking to do. It had to be part of the gameplay but now is gonna be just a video showing the character walking to the principal place. :D

Lyberodoggy wrote:I haven't watched this topic, but if you just want to have the same frame interaction with different background, create a frame with the morning background and all of its hotspots, then create a frame with the evening background and merge the morning with it.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:55 pm

By the way, someone knows where?s Harvester? :?:
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Dalton wrote:By the way, someone knows where?s Harvester? :?:

I haven't seen him around in the past days. Maybe he is busy with his projects. But I assume that he'll check the forums soon as he didn't say anything about vacations or a longer absence :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion