AM-Portable Drive or Disc

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM-Portable Drive or Disc

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:13 am

Hi there..2 questions..or 3

I was wondering am i able to put AM on a portable drive..those..I can't think of the name..theyre for storing memory on them..and u can bring it somewhere else and plug it in the back of any other pc..

Or a disk as well.

Also, am I able to put a game on disk and upload it to another computer with highspeed, and upload it to a site then.?

THanks..!~:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:59 am

The paid version only allows one installs a computer at a time.
You can put the game installer on a disk and move it to some other computer.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 am

If you creat an .exe file of the game you can put it on an USB-Stick or CD and transport it to another PC and upload to a site.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 am

Yes thats what i want to do..just because this next game may be really big..and i have dial up..

Also i wish to save my AM on disc..Just to have it as a back up u know..:)
Which is what i should have said..i wanted to do..So by what u are saying..both of you..I can do both..!~ Which is awesome..thanks..

U.S.B stick..! That's the name..i have one which is why i asked..forgot the name..lol..

One last thing...

If something happens to someone's PC and they lose everything..like say they replace the hardrive...You can get another copy right..If by chance u couldn't save it with replacing hardrive or whatever....Or u didn't put it on disc..Just a matter of getting a hold of GM?

Or i gather you can use the original email if u still have it and reactivate it ..

Peace..and Thanks Guys..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:13 pm

I thought about this. I downloaded the free version and then I paid for the commercial version. I used a yahoo mail address that I can access from anywhere. I saved the mail on how to register my AM. That way, if my computer gets fried, I can just download AM again and register it again.

I think I am going to create a few more email addresses and forward the email from AM to them. This way I'll be sure that my passwords and everything are not lost, so I can re-register AM if I ever need to.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion