Software Installation.

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Software Installation.

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:50 am

Hi there...

Is there anyway to add anything to the software installation..of our games.? Buttons of any sort..

You know when the user is installing..and they get to the part where they agree or disagree to install...It's usually around that part i beleive..

Is there away to add say a Donate Button or Buy now..or any other PayPal or otherwise Button...... right in it..So the user can choose to hit it ...from the wizards..as opposed to going to website..

I see it often with software installations... Big Fish and other gaming software has this..just wondering if we can do it..Especially useful for ppl who sell games..:)

Should I have posted this with the EXE post i made..? just thought of that..If so..Sorry..let me know and i can delete it and move it..:) or i suppose any Moderator can too...lol..

Adieux~
Last edited by mercedes on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 am

This is the setup program if you want to learn it.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 am

I thought we kind of already had this with AM though ..A custom set up wizard i guess..

So if a person used this instead...Would we still be compiling it into EXE files...in AM..or would we be using this wizard instead..? or both..

Thanks!~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:52 am

No you have to edit the iss file and there is no easy way to do it.
Thats the setup program that Am uses to make the exe. i only show you it so you can learn how to edit the iss file.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:35 am

Oh i see...and in the iss file...is where i would paste the code for a button.. then right..?.

AM uses the same set up then...and i would have to know how to edit the Iss file within the same wizard AM uses and add the code to it then..I think it may be an html code ...

.Am i on the right track..
Last edited by mercedes on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 am

Hmmm, the donation would work through your website anyway, so why don't you just add a link to the donation page at the beginning of your game?
A donation is voluntary anyway, if you'd put it already into the installation process with an agree button, that would seem pretty "aggressive" - just my opinion.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh..no no..i wouldn't put it with an "Agree" button..!!.lol.....That was my way of expressing where i see it usually in the software wizards..its usually within that "Area"..or on the dialogue box itself..like Spybot has it..most software has it.......and i have one on my website..But donation was just an example for a "button" good greif...lol..I'll have to Edit my post...so others don't think I'm out for donations..:roll: lol...Man i hate being French..lol..everything i say comes out backwards..or..sounds off..

..I also had thought of Flash buttons..or other just Paypal buttons..it was just an example..:D Like if someone sells their games even..its nice to be able to sell it right where the software installation is as well..like Big Fish has or other gaming companies.."But this now" buttons if its just a demo..something to to that effect..

I was installing Paint.net and its what made me think of it...as well as a Big Fish game..:) I don't know if u play any of their games..but the seek and find ones are my favs..or Agatha Christi..those are good too.!

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion