Is there any way I could have...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Is there any way I could have...

Postby John4 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:21 am

Uh, yeah, is there any way I could have an animated frame? Like, if I wanted to have it so that there would be an animation playing, and I could click on things while it happens?
Your help is appreciated.
~John
John4

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 am

Hi John4..:)

Hi there..You can have animated hotspots...but u can't have 2 on top of each other..

..You can interact with it....but vbs script is funny with animated gif's..You can have it go to another frame or use variables..but u can't load other pictures or anything..Messages Display fine..

Also the frame could not have any transparency...in the animation...

Note: if u use the GIF player..only one animation perframe..--but it supports transparency..

If u use the option to check it off" is an animated gif--This way does not support transparency...and u can use multiple animations in the frame..

Peace..

I hope that helps...:)
Last edited by mercedes on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby John4 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:06 am

Welll here's what I have. I dont have any transparency in the animation, and the hotspots dont change at all during the entire animation. If I could do this, I would end up wasting 101 frames. -__- Just for one animation. Any other ideas?
John4

Postby mercedes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:03 am

the hotspots dont change at all during the entire animation.

By this you mean they won't animate..?

Did you check off "Is an animated GIF under the General TAb"

If I could do this, I would end up wasting 101 frames. -__- Just for one animation. Any other ideas?

I'm reading this..but am unsure what u mean..:? Do you mean 101 frames u made as an animation...so Layers....[not AM frames]..

If so...and u are able and feel up to the task..u can separate the animated frames[ Layers] .name them accordingly and use the GIF player...

Or u can convert the animation..to a looping video..~
mercedes
VIP

?

Postby John4 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:53 pm

Please explain to me what the GIF player is, and what I can do to open it, it might be able to help me.

When I said the hotspots donmt change, that menas they dont move, and they dont animate. So, I would have the animation playing in the background, and you can click on something to load up a new frame. So I meant that. if it went to a different scene in the animation, the hotspots wouldnt change.
EXAMPLE: (Animation is showing a beach, and you can clcik on the trees. If the animation were to change sometthing, like be at a hotel now, you can click on the doors.)
That does NOT happen. The hotspots do not change, or move at all.
The IS AN ANIMATED GIF selection I havent seed, I'll check that out.

When I said that, it menas my settings were, I had 101 frames in Adventure, and they are all one frame of the animation. Each frame is set
to go to the next one in .04 seconds. Then, on each frame, there are the hotspots.

I'll explain in full detail what I have. I'mk working on a Main Screen animation, that I've customized to be part of the game. The animation is playiong while the options New Game, Load Game, and Exit are clickable. I hope that helps....
~John
John4

Postby mercedes » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:57 am

Hi there...:)

Ok..I'm not sure u can use either..for what u want..I'll explain..and you can see if this helps explain it better..:)

Animated GIF player is a plugin that is made for Adventure Maker..it is designed so u can play animations with it..BUT only one per frame in AdventureMaker...AND..u have to name them accordingly..The way the player works is you have to separate all layers in your one animation..So if there are say 7 Layers in your animation..you have to separate them and name them..its the player that puts them together and plays the animation.

Image1 Image2 Image3 all the way to 7

In your Project, there is a button that says.. Project Properties..you would go to the Plugin TAB and put check mark in where it says GifPlayer..[After downloading it + copying it to the project properties]..Then Load the frame u wish to put the animation in..and go to Plugins TAB and you will see where it asks u to put the Index and how many files..in this case you would put

Image--as an index and 7 files.

You can get it all plugins for AM HERE.

To use the animated.gif in a hotspot in adventure maker..[Without player]You have to check off "Is an animated gif"..Once u load the hotspot..Check its properties..and on the first TAB..u will see at the bottom.."Is an animated GIF" Put check mark in there and your animation should play..

Peace..

P.S...If u want the user to click the trees and have it become a door As part of the animation....This will have to be another frame....not the animation click and become a door..That will not work..As i mentioned before..the animation is interactive..but in going to another frame....Not interative in changing from one animation to another..unless its in another Frame..

Also if u want the other hotspots on the frame like save load and exit..this can be done..but not on top where its animating.

I hope this better explained it..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion