Free AM + Plugin + Merging Question

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Free AM + Plugin + Merging Question

Postby Harvester » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi,

Now after a while I'm asking a question instead of answering one :) I would be interested in the following:

If I know correctly, with the free version of AM there IS a limited use of plugins. For instance let's say I would like to use the cubic panorama plugin with the free version. What are the limitations? Am I right that there is a frame number limit then, or I even can not use the plugin at all?

If I can use it (in a framenumber limited way)... is it possible to merge more games in AM using the plugin by a purchased version of AM later?

Thanks for your kind answers in advance,

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:53 pm

The limitation about plugins isn't only in the frames number, but also in the fact you can't publish a game with the AM-Free containing plugins. The "Create package for redistribution" function states: No VBS/ No Plugins
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Harvester,

Yes, Lyberodoggy is right. If you use the cubic panorama plugin with the free version, you will be limited to 20 frames, and publishing games that use plugins is not supported in the free edition.

As far as merging projects is concerned, you can do that provided that there are no two frames that have the same name. If two images or sound files are not supposed to be the same in two projects, their name should also be different.

Please note that if the projects contain global VBS procedures, or global variables, merging the projects can be a little tricky. In that case, please read my post in the following topic:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3387

Regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

I see

Postby Harvester » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 pm

I see, thanks for the quick answer. So if i understand correctly, e.g if I have 2 games with no variables but with the plugin, a free AM and no coincidal frame names, and give my projects to someone else with a full AM, she/he can merge them and export them in a redistributable form? I hope it works that way since I do not have a full version of the current AM yet but for the contest I would need plugins...

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Actually what u can do..is use the amount of frames u want..and the use of plugins..just don't compile it...simply zip it and send it to someone else..to compile it for you...

Could this not work..? Therefore no merging is necessary ..no? Or am i missing something obvious..:? Pretty sure this could work..

If it doens't for the plug in..simply tell the person who is compiling it for u..and they an enable the plugin for u..and then it all should fall into place..I would think..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby GM-Support » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 pm

mercedes wrote:Actually what u can do..is use the amount of frames u want..and the use of plugins..just don't compile it...simply zip it and send it to someone else..to compile it for you...

The "Plugins" tab of the Hotspot Properties and of the Frame Properties is accessible only if the project has fewer than 20 frames.

Harvester wrote:So if i understand correctly, e.g if I have 2 games with no variables but with the plugin, a free AM and no coincidal frame names, and give my projects to someone else with a full AM, she/he can merge them and export them in a redistributable form?

Yes. But you will need to make links between the projects so that the player can go from one part to the other.

---------

Please find attached a modified version of the AM 4.5.2 executable that allows you to use the plugins for up to 100 frames (instead of 20). It should make it easier for you to create the game for the contest.

Other people are also welcome to use it, if they need it.

Just extract the zip into the folder where you have installed AM 4.5.2, and replace the existing file "Adventure Maker v4.5.2.exe" with this one.

Regards,
GM-Support
Attachments
am452_main_executable_for_the_contest.zip
Special version of AM 4.5.2 for creating a game for the early 2009 contest
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
GM-Support

Thank

Postby Harvester » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:17 pm

Thank you very much :shock: I didn't expect this, but obviously this "little" modification made everything much easier (for me at least)! Thanks a lot. I hope I will be ready for the contest then :)

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby GM-Support » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks, and good luck.

I really hope to see some nice game contest submissions! :)
GM-Support

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion