create games for for wii??

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

create games for for wii??

Postby imothep85 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi do you think its possible to make something with adventure maker to run on wii?? its possible in the future, for developpers to create games for the WII??
thanks
imothep85

Postby Candle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:37 pm

No not now you can't.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby imothep85 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 pm

yes lol i now now we can't...but i write" in the future" :P
imothep85

Postby Candle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Dought it.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby imothep85 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:35 pm

what??? >"Dought it"???
imothep85

Postby Candle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 pm

doubt - Definition
[dout]
(v.) To be undecided or skeptical about: began to doubt some accepted?
hit the g key
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Wii development would be very difficult as it would require the purchase of Wii dev software which will be several thousand dollars (which of course would be offsetted to us, the paying customers).

Then the would be the whole issue of how to get AM to interface with the Wii. And THEN ON TOP OF THAT... I would have to made user-friendly enough to be viable...

It's simply too much...

One possibly however, might be to make Flash games that would function with the Wii-remote, but even that seems doubtful...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 am

I've researched for months:

A wii development kit is $1700 and only for qualified developers. You must have 5+ full time members.

To make a Wii game, lear ActionScript and make Flash games. You can put them on a website and they will work as long as it is all played with the mouse and NO arrow keys.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby bouvrie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

chickens1127 wrote:I've researched for months:

A wii development kit is $1700 and only for qualified developers. You must have 5+ full time members.

To make a Wii game, lear ActionScript and make Flash games. You can put them on a website and they will work as long as it is all played with the mouse and NO arrow keys.
OR, you could have a look at Wii Homebrew. Granted, the games won't run out-of the box on any Wii as the Wii itself must be set to run homebrew (which can be enabled solely using Zelda: Twilight Princess and an SD card), but developing for the Wii doesn't per se require expensive hardware. ;)
bouvrie

Postby alucardson » Thu May 28, 2009 6:52 pm

bouvrie wrote:
chickens1127 wrote:I've researched for months:

OR, you could have a look at Wii Homebrew. Granted, the games won't run out-of the box on any Wii as the Wii itself must be set to run homebrew (which can be enabled solely using Zelda: Twilight Princess and an SD card), but developing for the Wii doesn't per se require expensive hardware. ;)

Hi i,m new. Im using your program and i think is great. But i really like to try some game on my wii, the wiimote could be a great tool for the grafics adventures.

I know that the wii scene is great, and there are a lot of tool to make programs or ports to the wii scene, actually right now there is a port of the scuumm program, and work great with the wiimote, but also works with the gamecube control and clasic control.

Here is a Video of the apliction, working on the Hombrew Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0mc4533q0&feature=related

I dont know if could be hard to work on the wii, but some developers like, waninkoko, and team twizers have make a lot of tools to work on the wii, some of them they have published on their webs.

I hope, you could take this on count and try to make something...

Bye, sorry for my english.

PD: If you want to try, and yo need wii testers, i will help with my wii on that.
alucardson

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion