Make a Book - displaying lots of text

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Make a Book - displaying lots of text

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

I want lots of text on the screen as I want to have a digital book, Ive noticed we have a display text, but its too big when one is at small sizes like for psp and iphone, plus it is black and white text, it doesnt allow me to choose font size colour etc, what I want is to display a page on screen and have it so the player can scroll down the page to view more of the page, is this possible with AM.
Sunny Day

Re: Make a Book - displaying lots of text

Postby mercedes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Sunny Day wrote:I want lots of text on the screen as I want to have a digital book, Ive noticed we have a display text, but its too big when one is at small sizes like for psp and iphone, plus it is black and white text, it doesnt allow me to choose font size colour etc, what I want is to display a page on screen and have it so the player can scroll down the page to view more of the page, is this possible with AM.

Hi there..Welcome to the Forums...:D

I'm not sure what u are speaking of...You can choose whatever colors u want.. and sizes for text...:? Are u working with the Windows Platform?..if so..right click where the textbox is where u wrote the words..and choose from there..color and sizes..

As for scrolling down the page..There are a few ways to do this...
Do u have the Full version of AM? [Paid Version or Free]

If its Free..u can use the Transitions..Slide up transition..with timer.
Let us know if its full version..there are several ways to do this with full version...:)

Peace
Last edited by mercedes on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Re: Make a Book - displaying lots of text

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:35 pm

mercedes wrote:Are u working with the Windows Platform?

I think he's trying to create something for psp/ipod

From what I 've seen, you can't add text to a psp project. You could make a bitmap of the text tho and add it as a frame.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Ya thats what i thought at first..but the fact that he's able to add text..makes me think of windows platform.....You can't add text on the screen..with those other platforms..:(
mercedes
VIP

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Full version of AM, Im trying to get the text for an Iphone app, Im making an aplication that has lots and lots of type with usefull information, so im looking to create a nice electronic book format.
Sunny Day

Postby mercedes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Oh I see...then I believe u will have to create the text outside of AM..unfortunetely there is no way of creating text inside AM with the Iphone AP....

As for making it scroll..not sure, if u have the transitions or not for that platform either...I think u may only have the timer..:(..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:49 pm

You can add text if one adds a hotspot and clicks on add text, but it can only be seen if one clicks on the hotspot, and also its very text, and the background is black with white text, would be better if one could alter the size. Even for normal use the text is too big for the iphone screen size, being able to change the size would be perfect. If you could change the size and colour and background, the AM would attract a lot of people wanting to make ebook type aplications for the iphone.

If this cant be done, Ill just have to use pictures and use gifs, could someone tell me how to have it scroll down as view more of my book.
Sunny Day

Postby mercedes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:18 am

Hi there...:)

You can alter text and color with the full edition..with Windows platform..

As for scrolling down..You will have to give that illusion with hotspots and gifs..Have it at the bottom in the first frame...and top of the next.....If u don't have transitions..which i don't think it does..this is your only option without using script..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Sunny Day » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:09 pm

There isnt transitions in the iphone version, Ill have to check it was in the full version and not the demo that I just tested to make 100% sure.
Sunny Day

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:28 am

This sounds cool doing a e-book...
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion