bulk graphic image change/swap.

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

bulk graphic image change/swap.

Postby Sunny Day » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 pm

I want to swap loads of graphic files to my application, changing one or two is easy, we just import and write over, but what if we want to change loads and loads of graphics, one way would be to find the directory AM has written the graphic files for your game, then just paste over these your new files, they are the same graphic files, so same name and everything, so should be no problem them I guess? I found the directory where my graphic files for AM had put the graphics, but I noticed, its not just the .gif graphic files, no, there are other ones in the directory, .lks and .fme, no idea what they are.

So the question is, I have updated .gif files, can I just copy and paste them into the AM directory, and it will all be fine and my graphics are updated with the improved graphics in the new .gif images.
Sunny Day

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:53 pm

I think that after pasting them into the folder in question, you would also have to update them within Adventure Maker, just because of the way it's set up. Am I right, GM?
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:51 am

Hi there..:D

If you just want to ..Copy all of your files..in the "Areas" folder..The "Areas" folder holds all of your files...

go through Windows Explorer and from there..find the Areas folder of your existing project.....
The only thing is..if you have certain files that go to the "External" folder...then you would have to copy them in there..again..as well as icons and such..

You should be prompted to replace then as well..It will update itself automatically..

Another way to do it..When u are working on your graphics..be it paint or Gimp or photoshop...You can save right from there into the Areas folder as well...therefore next time u open your project..all of your files will be there waiting for you.:) This works well if you are making animations..saves you from importing..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion