Packages for Distribution wont run on Systems without AM????

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Packages for Distribution wont run on Systems without AM????

Postby Imagineer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Im using the free version of Adventure Maker.

The information I had about it said you could make presentations, so I downloaded it to make such a presentation.

HOWEVER

After building it I made a file for distribution, loaded it up on both a CD and a Flashdrive...

I try it on another computer and the installer doesnt start, it says windows cant open the file.

I HAVE to be able to run this at school! What should I do? Is there a different complier I should be using? Should I download Adventure Maker onto my flashdrive and see if it opens?
Imagineer

Postby Imagineer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 pm

It appears that this can only be done in the full version....

Uh-oh.
Imagineer

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Imagineer wrote:It appears that this can only be done in the full version....

Uh-oh.

Sorry about your plight!

I would suggest getting the full version if you can. It's well worth the price considering what you can do with AM.

One thing you could do is to take the AM installation file with you on a flash with your project and load the whole thing on the school computer and run it that way!

<<posts merged by admin, please don't multiple post>>
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 am

Hi there...:D

Imagineer...in order to be able to open the file on any other pc..or for someone else to open it..they have to have AdventureMaker..with the free version the file u create is an AM1 file...and for those to view it..they have to have AM..:D

So from what i understand..simply download AM on the other pc..and you can then view it..If that poses a problem and u can only put it in the flash drive..then maybe you can try to Right click the AM1 file and choose "OpenWith"-----Browse to the 'Adventure Maker Player .exe' --I'ts either that one or 'AdventureMake Launcher .exe'..or both might work ...If Lyberodoggy sees this..he can tell u which to open it with....:) ..either way u have to have AM on the PC to view it..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm

The player is the one.

I would suggest you tried the external tool called AM Transformer, which compiles an AM free project into an exe, having however some disadvantages as opposed to AM Full...

You will find a thread about it on the forums (under general chat I think)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Daryan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm

the simplist way is too copy the project folder, not the package, to the new computer's adventure maker/ projects folder. launch adventure maker and load the project. click the start project icon. I have done this on 3 different computers at school. however, adventure maker must be installed. ALSO! when ever I try to run a package on my own computer, it loads half way, then freezes, and I have to reboot. any answers?
Daryan

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Does it happen with all compiled games?
Have you also tried compiled games that were made on another computer?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:12 pm

You aren't compiling them right..u are simply loading them within AM..and running them as the unfinished project..?
That's what it sounds like..u are simply copying the project's folder and opening it with AM on other computers..that have AM?

Clicking Run Project and viewing it that way..?

Any errors pop up, when it freezes?
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

If you buy a full version, I would suggest using an email address that you cant lose. I have my email address from my Internet Provider, but if I ever stop paying or decide to switch providers, I'll lose that email address, so I used a yahoo account for the email.

I suggest using a yahoo or hotmail account. When you get the email with your validation code, save this email in a special email folder labled Adventuremaker. That way if your computer ever fails and you have to buy another computer, you can redownload Adventure Maker and just go to yahoo mail or hotmail to retrieve your validation code. It will save you from having to email AdventureMaker and show proof that you actually purchased it.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Excellent suggestion! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion